Subject: How I fit everything in the box - unsleeved (lots of images) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I know, yet another insert thread. But so far, I haven't found any where people fit everything IN the insert (one was close, but some pieces were stored under the insert. Here's how I did it:

The only thing that doesn't exactly fit in a snug "pocket" is the clairvoyancy track. But I find that where I do place it seems like it will help keep the various player markers in their place better.

As you can see, it all goes in and closes completely. One of the keys is placing the pieces in the top-left compartment in a specific order due to the button in the center of the clock.

It was a bit of a puzzle figuring it all out. It's like a mini-game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Peterson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the clock (because of the button) and the clairvoyance track to be the two biggest nuisances. I went for the tray modification because I wanted to be able to put the game away quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kunst
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just about how I do it.
But it still sucks when you place the box upright instead of storing it flat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Wulf684 wrote:
This is just about how I do it.
But it still sucks when you place the box upright instead of storing it flat...
The problem with oh-so-many inserts. I was overjoyed to find that the Loop, Inc. insert actually came with a topper. That should be mandatory for all inserts. Of course, I don't know how you'd possibly fit it in this one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ingersoll
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that the progress bars (or whatever the long flat pieces are called) fit neatly in the space left after you place the ghost screen. Well, two of them do and the third just rests on top of them.

As for the clairvoyance track I think I just lay it on top of the screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Emerson
msg tools
jepmn wrote:
I know, yet another insert thread. But so far, I haven't found any where people fit everything IN the insert (one was close, but some pieces were stored under the insert. Here's how I did it:

The only thing that doesn't exactly fit in a snug "pocket" is the clairvoyancy track. But I find that where I do place it seems like it will help keep the various player markers in their place better.

As you can see, it all goes in and closes completely. One of the keys is placing the pieces in the top-left compartment in a specific order due to the button in the center of the clock.

It was a bit of a puzzle figuring it all out. It's like a mini-game.
I'm almost the same, but with a few alterations.

The clairvoyancy trackers I keep alongside each players clairvoyancy tokens.

I put the character/number markers in the well below the vision cards as it'll easily fit them in horizontally (though they do fit diagonally in the other wells as you have them), the ravens and clock sides in one of the other wells, and the circular culprit markers in the other.

Then the ghost cards for character and location go in, and after this the 3 progress boards, which fit nicely on top (This may change if you have expansions). The psychic cards go on top of these - there's plenty of room between the ghost and psychic cards for this in the base game at least.

After this, set the clock to 12, and put it upside-down on top of the character/location cards with the base at the top. The clock hand then fits neatly in the gap between them. The final progress board & culprit space (inside of the clairvoyancy track) I then put on top of this, with the base down, and then the clock base on top of both of those, keeping everything in place. Once all the weapon and vision cards are in, the screen can go in, and it only leaves the clairvoyancy tracker to put on top. Alternatively you can put this underneath the screen as you have it. It's the only piece that doesn't have a decent 'home'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I got the expansion and gave up on the insert. Shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Neau
msg tools
mb
The BT insert is awesome. Makes set up so much easier and makes the game more enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Netherlands
Blaricum
North Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've got both expansions and while a good system for the middle layers is tricky, you can pile excess vision cards on top which garantees the rest stays in its place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls