Popular Tags: [View All]
Shanya Almafeta
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The original 504 geeklist is one of the most interesting geeklists I've read in quite a while. Literally every time I pull the thread up, I get new ideas for things to make, just from the way that thread is phrased to dissect these mechanics into new forms.

I'm afraid that if I finally do sit down and play the "official" 504, all these fantastic ideas will dry up and calcify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be worried for that reason. If you are thinking of creating a largely modular game like this, then this game will be a master-class showing you the strengths and difficulties of such a design.
If however you are worried that it will calcify the way specific modules should interact in any design, I still really wouldn't worry.

The constraints on Friedemann to make every combination work with a minimum of exceptions has lead to him making deliberate design choices and for every combination it seems quite obvious that there are other ways of merging those mechanisms. If the overall concept stokes your creative juices, I can see the specific worlds doing that also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for the roll-and-move expansion. Not enough game for me right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanya Almafeta
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget deckbuilding and worker placement. With roll-and-move we've got the first expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Also a dexterity module and an acting/singing/charades module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.