Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just reviewing the Legends Kickstarter page for the umpteenth time to agonize over whether or not I'm going to back it, when I noticed what looks like a new ad banner sandwiched right between the Pledge Comparison and Stretch Goals charts:

OPTIONAL PURCHASES: BOSSES OF LEGEND

surprise surprise surprise

Was that there before and I've just been oblivious, or is it a recent sadistic addition to the whole campaign? It also strikes me as odd that there doesn't seem to be any other mention of this anywhere else on the whole page (unless I missed it).

I'd LOVE a greater selection of Dungeon Bosses more than anything, but seriously, at this rate my wallet is going to explode because all this new material just looks so damn pretty...

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was just added last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This particular add-on was on the latest update but they also announced at the start of the campaign that there would be two optional purchases released during the campaign itself (can't find the post but there was chatter here on BGG about it). It's not surprising really as it's par for the course with KS campaigns and this one is different in actually minimising the amount of add-ons (though of course if they both end up being $50 add-ons then that's probably as much, if not more, as most people spend on add-ons during most KS anyway). $50 is only slightly cheaper than the boss boxes retail for anyway though so don't know if I'll add them (Beatrix is currently $25 from SPM but $20 from independent sellers). My main concern will be how long they'll take to be released in the UK and how much they will be (the $40 warbands are currently £30 which is approximately $45).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, they said from the beginning that there would be one add on and then decided that this boss pack was "too awesome to not offer".

So now there will be two.

They have also said that they area holding back more content to go straight to retail this time.

This will leave plenty of content for me to put together a $100 order to qualify for free shipping from an online retailer at a later date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
Actually, they said from the beginning that there would be one add on and then decided that this boss pack was "too awesome to not offer".
The boss pack is very awesome (though I'm flat out calling shenanigans on the 'too awesome not to offer' as if they didn't intend to anyway!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
The boss pack is very awesome (though I'm flat out calling shenanigans on the 'too awesome not to offer' as if they didn't intend to anyway!)
I bet they wanted to release these in retail, but the pledge total was stuck and needed a boost.
And it worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keeop5000 wrote:
I'm reaching the $600 mark with my collection now. Hard to tell if I'm looking at an amazing game or just a big, expensive painting project
Well it's definitely the latter and as a miniature guy I'd say that was ok. As to it being an amazing game I probably wouldn't go that far, it's definitely a good game though that's very enjoyable.

bigblock75 wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
I bet they wanted to release these in retail, but the pledge total was stuck and needed a boost.
And it worked.
Maybe on the first point. But KS campaign usually need add-ons to generate more funds which they should have learned from their previous KS projects (as well as knowing that KS projects tend to stagnate during the middle period naturally). But you are certainly spot on on the second point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls