Subject: I simply don't understand how to use workers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I am utterly confused as to how to use workers.

Every time I use a worker to bid, choose machine, buy machines, he is no longer available to operate machines near the end of the turn?

forgive my stupidity but i really don't get it...please help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M7N6L wrote:
Hi all,

Every time I use a worker to bid, choose machine, buy machines, he is no longer available to operate machines near the end of the turn?

You seem to be thinking of this the wrong way round. All of your workers (except one) are available to operate machines in the Bureaucracy phase near the end of the turn, but if you choose to have them operate machines, then they will not be available to bid next turn.

Workers used in bidding are then not available to use in choosing and then buying tiles. Note that you must have at least one worker available after bidding, so your maximum bid is one less than your workers available at the start of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
DaveD wrote:
M7N6L wrote:
Hi all,

You seem to be thinking of this the wrong way round. All of your workers (except one) are available to operate machines in the Bureaucracy phase near the end of the turn, but if you choose to have them operate machines, then they will not be available to bid next turn.

Workers used in bidding are then not available to use in choosing and then buying tiles. Note that you must have at least one worker available after bidding, so your maximum bid is one less than your workers available at the start of the turn.

I think I understand better now, let me check:
we start with 7 workers (+potentially 2 seasonal workers)

If I use 1 to bid on tile order, I only have 6 left. After that I use 4 to buy machines. I have used a total of 5. These 5 are again available to work machines if need be. Say I need 3 to operate, I place 3 in the canteen. for the following turn, I only have 4 workers available to bid...

rinse and repeat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M7N6L wrote:
DaveD wrote:
M7N6L wrote:
Hi all,

I think I understand better now, let me check:
we start with 7 workers (+potentially 2 seasonal workers)

If I use 1 to bid on tile order, I only have 6 left. After that I use 4 to buy machines. I have used a total of 5. These 5 are again available to work machines if need be. Say I need 3 to operate, I place 3 in the canteen. for the following turn, I only have 4 workers available to bid...

rinse and repeat?
That's correct, but note that you start the game with 4 workers in the canteen, so will only have 3 available before bidding at the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx a ton!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide