Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: couple of stables questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grayson Ijames
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
If I have two stables, unfenced, on separate farm spaces, they can each hold 1 animal. If I place a single sheep in each of those stables, are they able to reproduce at the end of the harvest? They're not really on the same space so I imagine they wouldn't be able to, but I wasn't sure and couldn't find it in the rulebook.

Second question: If I have a fenced in area that contains 3 farm spaces, can I place up to 3 stables inside (one on each farm space)? Does the stable increase the animal capacity for the entire pasture, or just the single farm space it's on?

Thanks, guys!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. animals breed regardless of where they are stored. You get ONE baby if you have TWO or MORE of same type...not one baby per pair.

2. Yes. Increases capacity of whole area.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Winkelhaus
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, they can breed. See page 4 of the rulebook, "Harvest Phase 3: Breeding", last sentence.

2. Yes, you can. And they increase the entire capacity, so it would be 6x2x2x2 = 48 animals (of the same kind). See page 7 of the rulebook, "Building Stables", first sentence.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frazer Eden
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zlorfik wrote:
1. Yes, they can breed. See page 4 of the rulebook, "Harvest Phase 3: Breeding", last sentence.

2. Yes, you can. And they increase the entire capacity, so it would be 6x2x2x2 = 48 animals (of the same kind). See page 7 of the rulebook, "Building Stables", first sentence.
Is that right? I haven't a rulebook to hand to check, but do the effects of stables stack?

I've always played it that 1 stable in a pasture doubles it then additional stables in the same pasture give no effect. I think it may be rare to use that option though
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glaucio Siqueira
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambush3 wrote:
zlorfik wrote:
1. Yes, they can breed. See page 4 of the rulebook, "Harvest Phase 3: Breeding", last sentence.

2. Yes, you can. And they increase the entire capacity, so it would be 6x2x2x2 = 48 animals (of the same kind). See page 7 of the rulebook, "Building Stables", first sentence.
Is that right? I haven't a rulebook to hand to check, but do the effects of stables stack?

I've always played it that 1 stable in a pasture doubles it then additional stables in the same pasture give no effect. I think it may be rare to use that option though
Correct!

1. They breed IF you have space enough to include one more animal. In that scenario, you still have your house to put it in.

2. Each stable doubles the capacity of the whole pasture.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson Ijames
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
glaucios wrote:
Ambush3 wrote:
zlorfik wrote:
1. Yes, they can breed. See page 4 of the rulebook, "Harvest Phase 3: Breeding", last sentence.

2. Yes, you can. And they increase the entire capacity, so it would be 6x2x2x2 = 48 animals (of the same kind). See page 7 of the rulebook, "Building Stables", first sentence.
Is that right? I haven't a rulebook to hand to check, but do the effects of stables stack?

I've always played it that 1 stable in a pasture doubles it then additional stables in the same pasture give no effect. I think it may be rare to use that option though
Correct!

1. They breed IF you have space enough to include one more animal. In that scenario, you still have your house to put it in.

2. Each stable doubles the capacity of the whole pasture.
Oh wow, so it doesn't cap at 4? I did not know that. Thanks! I mean I guess there's no point in having 24 of them since you only need a few to turn into food and 7 or 8 to score max points. Thanks guys! Helped a lot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shields
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambush3 wrote:
Is that right? I haven't a rulebook to hand to check, but do the effects of stables stack?
Yeah, they stack. So a pasture that covers 4 spaces and that has 4 stables in it can hold 8x2x2x2x2 = 128 animals.

You're right that it rarely matters though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
saul oliveira
msg tools
So the first stable gives you from 2 to 4 in every yard. ¿But the second one doubles the original 2 again (giving you 6) or the 4 (giving you 8)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cinesos77 wrote:
So the first stable gives you from 2 to 4 in every yard. ¿But the second one doubles the original 2 again (giving you 6) or the 4 (giving you 8)?
Each stable only doubles the capacity of the pasture it is in. Also, you can only have one stable on each farm space. So:

A 1-space pasture can hold 2 animals. A 1-space pasture with a stable can hold 4. That is the maximum for a 1-space pasture.

A 2-space pasture can hold 4 animals. A 2-space pasture with a stable can hold 8. A 2-space pasture with 2 stables (one in each space) can hold 16. That is the maximum for a 2-space pasture.

A 3-space pasture can hold 6 animals. A 3-space pasture with a stable can hold 12. A 3-space pasture with 2 stables can hold 24. A 3-space pasture with 3 stables can hold 48. That is the maximum for a 3-space pasture.

And so on. Remember, though, that each pasture can hold only one type of animal. So a 3-space pasture with 3 stables can hold up to 48 sheep, but it still can't hold even 1 sheep and 1 cow.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls