Subject: Will FFG ever tweak the ruleset any further? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Djordje Milovancev
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt the base game rules will ever change, apart from the official FAQ tweak. But as far as the rules of the (predicted and very likely) expansion, your guess is as good as mine...who knows, they certainly can go wild with their game changing addons and game expansions, we'll just have to wait and see .
I myself am a (predominantly)CSM player and would like to see what others think are the best tactics in what situations...the game just gives you soooooo much variety its just too hard to figure out all the possibilities
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping for more combat card choices. I'd like the game to stay 4 players max, but adding more races will make every game unique based on who isn't included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like more factions, several more, AND, more players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on a VP-based variant. I love this game, but it often suffers from Starcraft-like predeterminism due to set-up. The inabilty to adequately protect faction tokens can lead to really lop-sided games. They will still hold weight (VP wise) but not be the sole path to victory... Work in progress because i hate that my group doesnt want to bring this to the table already...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djordje Milovancev
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds interesting...they should definitely put in a couple of new game modes in the coming expansions! Like TDM or VP based gameplay, or even king of the hill! After all this is a strategy game, you could just port pc game modes with a little tweaking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Noordman
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Where can I find this official FAQ tweak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm still hoping someone with a lot more games in their belt than I can come up with some preset maps. It's one thing to learn the game mechanics and learn a faction well in this game. It's an entirely additional hurdle to really know how to build the map and place objectives. It would have been nice early on if we just had a collection of preset maps to pick from.

Then we could have grabbed the "3 players; no orks" map setup and just got to the game and not worried about someone completely screwing their next few hours with poor map choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.