Dagon -
United States
milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A question that has come up in a few of my games is if rotating from
to
is valid? As resident overlord/emperor/rules lawyer I say the only rule on rotation is that a large figure must occupy at least 50% of its previous spaces. The rebel crybabies insist that E-webs cant teleport and that I would still have a wall in my way while trying to make the movement. I'm pretty sure Im right on this one but this board has proven more then a few of my interpretations incorrect so sound off on what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are no interim steps where the figure would physically rotate on the board. You pick up the figure and lower it to the new position.

See page 27 of the RRG. In the movement example (9) the AT-ST would rotate through the wall if you would physically rotate it. AT-ST is Massive, but it can not move through walls or doors. Because (9) is allowed, E-Web Engineer 'rotating through' impassable or blocking terrain is also ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dagon -
United States
milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good to hear. Thanks for replying so quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n3rdx1000 wrote:
Good to hear. Thanks for replying so quickly.
Treat it as a heavy weapon moving then set up it cannot change spaces and attack.

However half of it is still in the same space so maybe it can pivot in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls