Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Peterson
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of The Infinite Board Game version of the piecepack and I have to say it is pretty darn good. It's not quite perfect, but it addresses many of the issues I had with the Blue Panther Acrylic pieces. I'll write up a review tomorrow, I hope, but what is everyone's thoughts on it?

I don't like the 0 face of the dice or A faces of the coins. I really do prefer blank and pretty much any symbol. The suit symbol being in the top right bugs me simply because it isn't spec... or I guess maybe it is spec and the numbers are printed sideways... either way, it bugs me. Same with the value not being centered.

I would have preferred a slightly heavier pawn.

I had a really hard time with Alien City because it was hard to tell which lot was the suit lot on the aces.

But overall, a really nice set. I just need to figure out how to deal with the problems with the aces. The rest I can live with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, there's still no BGG Version created for this new version?

In the news blog post First Look at The Infinite Board Game about it, there seemed concerns about the tiles having nonstandard layout and making it unclear if it would work for Alien City. Can you clarify, perhaps with some photos?

I've seen this photo:

...which makes the tiles look unappealing/inappropriate for Alien City (and the art style looks too modern with the suits laid out inconsistently (red sun on lower right, others on upper right?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Peterson
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will post a full review and photos tonight, I hope. Yes, Alien City is... tough with this set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Holman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the final set, the Moon, Sun and Crown are upper right and the Arms are a bit lower. The tiles seems big enough for Looney Pyramids, but the Crowns are the wrong color for Alien City and the layout might be a bit too crowded given that the suited side of the tiles doesn't have the same clear delineation between quadrants.

I've got replaced the word "green" with "yellow" in the rules, and making the number rather than the guild icon the last available might clear up some of the visual confusion due to Arms being lower?

Overall, I do like this piecepack better than my PNP attempts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hale-Evans
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an unboxing video in the original Infinite Board Game thread, which people are still adding to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Peterson
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, now there is a BGG version for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls