Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy K
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, despite the Rule Reference saying you can trade event cards, everywhere else there are no mentioning of event cards being traded.

so how does trading work?
I have ruled it as following:
Hunters may trade item and tickets, but event cards cannot be traded except by Van Helsing's abiliy.

Is there any official ruling on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know a lot has changed from the 2nd edition, but I still feel like that's a good point of reference if a rule isn't completely clear in the 3rd edition rules. Event cards could not be traded by any hunter in that edition; a rule that they even bolded to make more clear. It seems to be the same for the 3rd edition, except for Van Helsing who has it as his special ability.

His ability to trade events with anyone on the board wouldn't be quite as impactful if the others had the ability to trade events in general. This means that Van Helsing is the only way to get events between hunters. I rather like that idea, because it makes him really stand out.

Not an official ruling, but my 2 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bycoolboy823 wrote:
So, despite the Rule Reference saying you can trade event cards, everywhere else there are no mentioning of event cards being traded.

so how does trading work?
I have ruled it as following:
Hunters may trade item and tickets, but event cards cannot be traded except by Van Helsing's abiliy.
This is correct and you have to trade events if using Van Helsing's ability (he can of course trade items and tickets with another hunter in the same location)

Quote:
Is there any official ruling on this?
There is a ruling see Re: Trading events? Plotting's cancel, and revealing Hide (Answered by FFG)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls