Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Alchemists fanMicrobadge: Arboretum fanMicrobadge: Concordia fanMicrobadge: Lisboa fanMicrobadge: Age of Empires fan
While I doubt even Arcadia Quest can dethrone Zombicides $4 million mark, does 1 million sound reasonable. Blood Rage came close and that was $900,000 while the Others got close to $1.5 Million.

A more pressing issue is if there are enough parody characters left for all the KS exclusive stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Parent of Three Girls and Two BoysMicrobadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: CatholicMicrobadge: Amiga fanMicrobadge: .NET programmer
2M, easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korneel Troch
Belgium
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Shut Up & Sit Down fanMicrobadge: I am a Boss MonsterMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Project: ELITE fanMicrobadge: I'm a TableTop fan
I think it will depend on the price, if it's much higher than Arcadia Quest now in stores it might not convince most potential buyers but I'm quessing around 1.7-1.8 Million.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vogler
Austria
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 01 BGG poster
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:
While I doubt even Arcadia Quest can dethrone Zombicides $4 million mark, does 1 million sound reasonable. Blood Rage came close and that was $900,000 while the Others got close to $1.5 Million.

A more pressing issue is if there are enough parody characters left for all the KS exclusive stuff.
According to the Inferno-topic for example: Christopher Walken (Sleepy Hollow), Ron Perlman (Hellboy), Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider), Max von Sydow (Needful Things), Jack Nicholson (The witches of Eastwick), Bill Murray (Ghostbusters), and so on....whistledevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Dungeon Dice fanMicrobadge: Chaos in the Old World fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: Cool Mini Or Not "Blood Rage" Contest participantMicrobadge: Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia fan
Bibliothekar wrote:
Epic_Bubblesa wrote:

According to the Inferno-topic for example: Christopher Walken (Sleepy Hollow), Ron Perlman (Hellboy), Nicolas Cage (Ghost Rider), Max von Sydow (Needful Things), Jack Nicholson (The witches of Eastwick), Bill Murray (Ghostbusters), and so on....whistledevil
Hellboy, and Ghost Rider models would blow my mind.

I'll add pinhead, and skelletor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG posterMicrobadge: Alan Moore fanMicrobadge: Fascinating!Microbadge: Carl Sagan fanMicrobadge: Computer Technician
I think a mil shouldn't be that hard to hit, given how much positive buzz AQ has gotten since it launched. I agree I think 2 might be out of the running, but I think it'll do as well as The Others at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 02 BGG poster
It will easily surpass 2 million.

Just wait for the dragon expansion to booster the arcadia quest inferno kickstarter campaign to the sky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Robert E. Howard fanMicrobadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Instant Human - just add coffeeMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: The Dude Abides
korneeltroch wrote:
I think it will depend on the price, if it's much higher than Arcadia Quest now in stores it might not convince most potential buyers but I'm quessing around 1.7-1.8 Million.
Opposite effect for me. I just picked up Arcadia Quest retail (and soon Beyond the grave expansion) to play now while I wait for the KS to arrive.

Now that the game has proven itself and differentiated itself from Super Dunegon Explore, I think many will hop in at this level.

It also helps that CMON has a proven KS track record for quality, value, customer support and timely delivery.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Roberts
msg tools
I think 2 million will be hit easily. In fact I'd guess it hits at least 300k day one.

As for parody characters, I'd love to see something based on Chloe Grace Moretz or Kat Dennings as I'm a bit of a fanboy of both.

Or metal music related characters could be fun too, I know a few are heavy gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lanham
Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: The owls are not what they seem...Microbadge: Monster Slaughter fanMicrobadge: Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King fanMicrobadge: Soda Pop Miniatures fan
Chibi Ash or nothing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Dungeon Dice fanMicrobadge: Chaos in the Old World fanMicrobadge: Heavy Metal fanMicrobadge: Cool Mini Or Not "Blood Rage" Contest participantMicrobadge: Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia fan
Grizzlylizard wrote:
Chibi Ash or nothing
Oooooh!

Definitely add chibi "Troy" to this list!

bigblock75 wrote:

Hellboy, and Ghost Rider models would blow my mind.
I'll add pinhead, and skelletor.
Are you listening Thiago? There is important stuff happening here.
I don't expect you to respond, just take note...googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reynolds
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
It will easily break $1 million. I've heard so many people in the last year in person and on forums saying how they missed the first KS and won't let that happen again...I expect it to go over very BIG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Red Raven Games fanMicrobadge: Detroit Tigers fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fanMicrobadge: Kickstarter fan
MarkAllanReynolds wrote:
It will easily break $1 million. I've heard so many people in the last year in person and on forums saying how they missed the first KS and won't let that happen again...I expect it to go over very BIG.
I'm one of those people. AQ is my favorite game and I've bought everything retail. I'm throwing a blank check at Inferno...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Anniversary EditionMicrobadge: Bruges fanMicrobadge: Heroes of Normandie fanMicrobadge: Orléans fanMicrobadge: Concordia fan
$2m

Amazingly fun game, and one that way too many people missed during the last kick starter campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atila Kawauti
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Stardew Valley fanMicrobadge: Super Mario World fanMicrobadge: Total Annihilation fanMicrobadge: CapCom Street Fighter Deck-Building Game fanMicrobadge: Painter
I think it will reach between $1 to $1.5 million.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Kryzsko
United States
Ravensdale
Washington
flag msg tools
Ya, I think AQ:Inferno will pass 2 million. I missed the first KS, and bought the base game after hearing such good reviews, and my friends and I love the game. It is such a great bear and pretzel game. I would even say it is almost a gateway game in that it is easy to learn and fast to play, and it also look cute. I think this game has a very wide appeal. The only people put off would be people who don't like direct confrontation, chibi art, or dice rolling/luck games. I also think there will be a lot of speculators backing this due to the first Arcadia Quest exclusives selling for high prices on E-bay. I know I will be backing and getting every thing they offer for the game, and that is not something I normally do. I would not be surprised if it does hit 4m, but maybe I am crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
The biggest problem I see with Inferno reaching the high dollar amounts that some of you are anticipating is the timing of the Kickstarter.

5 other chibi projects have launched in the last 30 days.
Rivals, hunters, bonesylvanians, SDE Legends, and smog riders.
Plus ninja all stars and impact's dungeonsII earlier in the year.

Also it's just too close to that holiday.

I'm sure AQ will do well, but I think it will make a lot more money during the pledge manager than it does during the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor wolf

Missouri
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: FishingMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: I love dry, soulless Euros!!!Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."Microbadge: George Bernard Shaw - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
I'm not worried about it passing 2mil, even with the glut of good KS games latley, people have been waiting for this one.

Coupled with the fact that Arcadia Quest is super fun, in fact my favorite CMON game by far, this will do very well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Kryzsko
United States
Ravensdale
Washington
flag msg tools
I don't think those other projects will make much of a difference. I do agree that this is not the best time of the year to launch a KS campaign, but I think AQ:I will be an exception. I backed none of those other campaigns. I am not in for Chibi figures. I am in because I love the game and want more of it. You may be right that a lot of people may wait for the pledge manager to save money for Christmas. I know I don't normally back KS this time of the year. If it does not hit 2m I don't care. I am sure they will unlock everything they have planned for the game, and it sounds like CMON has some surprises up their sleeves. I usually go back and forth about backing games, but this is the one no brainer for me. There is zero chance that CMON will not deliver, and there is zero chance I will not like the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over $275k about 3 hours in, I don't think $1 million will be a problem, even with slowdown after the initial rush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) fanMicrobadge: The Sun - our local life-giving starMicrobadge: ESA (European Space Agency) fanMicrobadge: Reflector Telescope fan
Initial rush would be much higher, if KS could just finally fix their crappy system...

"Processing"... I simply can not pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Giordano
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Book readerMicrobadge: I speak CalifornianMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Philip K. Dick fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed Games
It's already at 1/3 of a million on the first day. 21 days to go. I don't think two million is out of the picture. Possibly much more. Looks like people are really motivated to take part in this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Microbadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: I backed Cthulhu: Death May Die on Kickstarter!Microbadge: Nemesis fanMicrobadge: Hanabi & Ikebana fan
I'm guessing right around $2M, give or take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
badge
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
Microbadge: MusicianMicrobadge: Parent of Two Girls and One BoyMicrobadge: RastafariMicrobadge: Iron Maiden fanMicrobadge: Nightwish fan
Just reiterating what others have said but I think it will break $1M easy. Maybe even hit $2M!

As far as parody characters goes, it's almost endless when you think about it. So many possibilities!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
Microbadge: Twilight Imperium (fourth edition) fanMicrobadge: Arcadia Quest fanMicrobadge: Guardians of the Galaxy fan - RocketMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fan Microbadge: I backed Mare Nostrum: Empires and Mare Nostrum: Atlas on Kickstarter
Powerslave1724 wrote:
Just reiterating what others have said but I think it will break $1M easy. Maybe even hit $2M!

As far as parody characters goes, it's almost endless when you think about it. So many possibilities!
Somewhere between 1M and 2M I guess, we aren't going that fast atm.
Might be that with Xmas closing in, people have a bit less money to spend ..

And yes, the parodies .. we've seen it in zombicide!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |