Fury of Dracula (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Playing 2nd ed. Events like in the 3rd ed. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is more of a request for seasoned 2nd edition players (which I am not) than a proposed variant.

What do you think about drawing Events from the top (and discarding Drac's ones) during the 3 day turns, while drawing Events from the bottom (and giving the vampire's ones to Drac) during the 3 night turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythologem wrote:
This is more of a request for seasoned 2nd edition players (which I am not) than a proposed variant.

What do you think about drawing Events from the top (and discarding Drac's ones) during the 3 day turns, while drawing Events from the bottom (and giving the vampire's ones to Drac) during the 3 night turns?

Don't do this. Assuming you don't tamper with any other rules, this would allow hunters to draw events 3 times in a row (assuming nothing was found by searching) without giving anything to Dracula, while being able to move at the same time. At night they could simply not draw events meaning that Dracula would rarely (or possibly never) get an event during the game.

This may also be a slight problem in third edition, but at least in that hunters might find themselves forced to supply at night due to wanting to move during the day.

As 2nd edition is already considered by many to be hunter biased, any change that would shift the balance away from Dracula is to be avoided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

DaveD wrote:
As 2nd edition is already considered by many to be hunter biased [...]

Yes, I heard that too. Don't understand it though. If Dracula knows what he's doing it's the other way around in our experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel like Dracula has it too easy, I would recommend starting the Hunters off with 1 resolve, rather than messing with the event system like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.