Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Should I get Rebel/Imperial Aces ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Korneel Troch
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I would buy the A-wing & B-wing seperately what would be the difference aside of their appearance? Are there new cards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
korneeltroch wrote:
If I would buy the A-wing & B-wing seperately what would be the difference aside of their appearance? Are there new cards ?

Yes and the cards in Aces are pretty good.
If you don't own any A or B wings then buying either the standard ship pack or the Aces is a good choice. The cards are different in each but pretty good in either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
get off my avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Think the rebel aces do have some blue decals,
the imperial ones do have red. As already mentioned,
they come with great pilots and good upgrade cards.
BUY BUY BUY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korneel Troch
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there are different cards in the seperate packs and the rebel aces ? *Adds both to shopping cart*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Yup. The Imperial aces gets you a few new unique pilots that aren't in the interceptor pack and royal guard pilots. It also gets you the interceptor title that allows two mods on the ship.

Rebel aces has the prototype pilot (that add a pilot talent one) and chaardan refit for the awings if memory serves. Both the A and B Wings also got new unique pilots.

The Ace packs are really good expansions to grab.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the Chardaan refit, for tournament players who want to field an A-Wing the Aces seems to be the better choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis Wong
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You do get different pilots and upgrades and I think in general the A-wing upgrades you get are a bit more useful than the B-wing ones. So if you play A-wings a lot its a good buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Lesperance
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd buy Rebel Aces before buying the separate expansions.

I'd buy Imperial Aces with the regular Interceptor expansion at the same time. You don't want to play without Soontir, really, and you don't want to run Soontir in the current meta without the Royal Guard title.

Imperial Aces ALSO comes with Push the Limit, which is a card that will see a TON of use. I don't think anything specifically tied to Rebel Aces that makes it an auto-buy (I don't fly A-Wings or B-Wings).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silt44 wrote:
and you don't want to run Soontir in the current meta without the Royal Guard title.
Or Autothrusters, which comes on the Star Viper for the Scum faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Garrison
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like flying A-wings, the upgrade cards that come with Aces are a great bonus. Jake is a good A-wing pilot you can only get in Aces. The B-wing stuff is kind of fun but not necessary.

The Imperial Aces set gives you excellent title cards and the Royal Guard Pilot is probably the best generic interceptor in the game. The "aces" in the pack are interesting, but they don't stack up to Soontir Fel or Tur Phennir from the standard expansion. Carnor Jax is the best ace in the pack. He's decent but tricky to use well. The repaints are very cool.

Basically if you want to fly A-wings and interceptors, you'll want these packs along with the base expansions. The standard expansion is more necessary for interceptors than A-wings, but Tycho is loads of fun and only comes in the standard A-wing expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls