5 Posts

Cosmic Run» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monashian: 1 pip => 2 dice with 1 pip rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nat Li
msg tools
mbmb
Does this power make only 1, and just 1 die showing a 1-pip become 2 dice with 1 pip?

Or does it convert all 1 pip die at a location to 2 dice with 1 pip?

example: make 5 1-pip dice into 10 1-pip dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
alafter wrote:
Does this power make only 1, and just 1 die showing a 1-pip become 2 dice with 1 pip?

Or does it convert all 1 pip die at a location to 2 dice with 1 pip?

example: make 5 1-pip dice into 10 1-pip dice?
Exactly 1 did with 1 pip to 2 dice with 1 pip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious:

Did you consider a simple "This card acts as a die showing 1 pip which can be placed at any location", to line it up with that other Monashian?

Was it a matter of balance, a subtle improvement in gameplay, less ambiguous rules-wise, or just for variety?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bc84 wrote:
Just curious:

Did you consider a simple "This card acts as a die showing 1 pip which can be placed at any location", to line it up with that other Monashian?

Was it a matter of balance, a subtle improvement in gameplay, less ambiguous rules-wise, or just for variety?
It was intended to help a person get more quickly up the 1 track, in cases where the card was picked up early in the game. It is also a less powerful power, so it was added in for variety. I guess it could have been stated as simply as an extra 1 die (so a player could have used it by itself on the 1 track), but I liked that it had to be paired wit another 1. Many of the Monashian cards are powerful, so I wanted one to be less so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Coppedge
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, thanks!

Thumb up