Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fruity Oaty Bar (Second Option) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Cordero
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
While playing a game tonight, we came across a game dilemma we were unable to solve or even find an answer for. The second option on the Fruity Oaty Bar states: "Discard to remove Disgruntled from the owner." Can this card be used during another player's turn?

For instance, Player A travels towards Player B's location, seeing that Player B has Zoë disgruntled, planning to hire her away. However, while Player A is still flying and resolving Nav cards, Player B tries to discard Fruity Oaty Bar to remove disgruntled from Zoë when Player A is within one sector of Player B's ship. Is this a valid move, to use and discard the card while the other player is in mid-flight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it doesn't specify on your turn, I'd be inclined to allow the defensive use of the Fruity Oaty Bar, but I'm not sure about the timing. Maybe as soon as the other guy moves? On the other hand. Good for you for starting at Meridian! These are the bonuses of the Rim!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
mandacil wrote:
While playing a game tonight, we came across a game dilemma we were unable to solve or even find an answer for. The second option on the Fruity Oaty Bar states: "Discard to remove Disgruntled from the owner." Can this card be used during another player's turn?

For instance, Player A travels towards Player B's location, seeing that Player B has Zoë disgruntled, planning to hire her away. However, while Player A is still flying and resolving Nav cards, Player B tries to discard Fruity Oaty Bar to remove disgruntled from Zoë when Player A is within one sector of Player B's ship. Is this a valid move, to use and discard the card while the other player is in mid-flight?
I would probably say yes, as long as Zoe already had the Fruity Oaty Bar equipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that you can use the FOB to protect one of your Crew at any time - what the player making a Better Offer achieves is to force you to use the item - and unless Zoe is your only Disgruntled Crew, they can take someone else instead...

I don't care whether the FOB is equipped to anyone in advance - you're allowed to rearrange Gear any time you're not actively Working a Job, so if you can use it at all during another player's turn, you can use it regardless of who was carrying it earlier.

The FOB thus becomes a deterrent to trying to hire away another player's Crew, though if they're stopping where you are anyway, they might as well force you to expend it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Since it doesn't specify on your turn, I'd be inclined to allow the defensive use of the Fruity Oaty Bar, but I'm not sure about the timing. Maybe as soon as the other guy moves? On the other hand. Good for you for starting at Meridian! These are the bonuses of the Rim!
I love the inside the other box thinking of this, and it brings up all kinds of tactics, but I think we need some kind of official clarifications. any card that doesn't specify "on your turn" (or such) could present a problem.
in example: Wash's Nav Charts says "Discard to look at the top 5 cards of ANY Nav Deck. Return the cards to the top of the Deck in any order."
this is a cool card, and by your interpretation, I could wait until ______ says "I'm gonna full burn" and then Interrupt and Discard the charts to rearrange the Nav deck. could be fun, but chaos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that all cards need to be played on your turn.
I mean your turn is ending, Zoe is not happy and you know there are other ships in the area. You can either risk them not coming for you or use the FOB to make her happy.

Just how I would do it though.

Full blown Chaos is a valid way to go too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls