4 Posts

Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3rd age events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Di Bona
msg tools
Hi,

if I remember correctly, in the old version you drew some 3rd age events at the beginning of the game (those named "impact of...") which were put into play and used as objectives giving culture points at the end of the game. I can't find this in the new rules. Can someone please help me undertand?

thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Sorrentino
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Caylus fanMicrobadge: Brass fanMicrobadge: El Grande fanMicrobadge: Antiquity fanMicrobadge: Princes of Florence fan
paolodibona wrote:
Hi,

if I remember correctly, in the old version you drew some 3rd age events at the beginning of the game (those named "impact of...") which were put into play and used as objectives giving culture points at the end of the game. I can't find this in the new rules. Can someone please help me undertand?

thanx
You draw 3rd age events only in the base game. In the full game you have to put the events in the deck by means of your political action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
Microbadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Creative Commons fanMicrobadge: Invisible Pink UnicornMicrobadge: Innovation fanMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fan
That was an option for one of the learning games, which ended at age II. This variant might be included in the upcoming players' handbook, but is not part of the rules of a normal game, and therefore isn't in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: www.Epitrapaizoume.gr fan - Video Reviews in English and Greek - Proceed2PlayMicrobadge: New Battlestar Galactica fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: I play with red!Microbadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...
paolodibona wrote:
Hi,

thanx
It's the "Advanced Game" variant, to play only up to Age II. It was described in the older version rules and might be included in the new Handbook. If you'd like to try it out, here are the differences:

- Shuffle the Age III military deck and draw cards until you've revealed four (4) Age III events, i.e., Impacts. Set these aside, close to the player boards.
- Remove from the game the Age III civil deck and the rest of the Age III military deck. They won't be used.
- Remove the four (4) black "War" cards from the Age II military deck.
- At the end of Ages I & II, do not remove two yellow tokens from the players' banks. Obsoleting cards takes place as normal. -- For me, this is the biggest difference apart from reduced play time.
- When the last Age II card has been dealt, finish the round down to the last player and end the game there. There's no extra round.
- At the end of the game, score bonus Culture points based on the four Age III events that had been revealed at the beginning of the game.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls