Subject: Curse placement order. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the rules before tonight's game session.
Everything seems crystal clear except this: when you place the new curses on the board, do you choose the order (i.e. which one will be placed on space 2), or do you have to place them in the color order depicted on the monster card?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: 10 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: Level 11 BGG poster
While the rules don't explicitly specify this, we place them in the order they are on the card.

One question we had though is how to tell which is placed first since the three elements are listed with one above and one on either side.

Do you place the top one first? Or the left one first?

We settled on the top first, then left, then right.

But this really should be specified in the rules, so hopefully they'll address it in an FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
We settled on the top first, then left, then right.

But this really should be specified in the rules, so hopefully they'll address it in an FAQ.
Yeah, for instance, I was about to go for left, top, right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
Microbadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Catch Up Games fanMicrobadge: Clank! fanMicrobadge: Res Arcana fan
nounet wrote:
That's it.
You can't choose the order for the Curses, they're always placed from left to right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
nounet wrote:
That's it.
You can't choose the order for the Curses, they're always placed from left to right.
Left Top Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gibbons
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this question too. Nowhere in the rulebook does it state the order. It does not say anywhere to place them left to right, or left top right, or the like. We play that you choose the order since a triangle of elements has no start. I can easily see how someone would think the top is the first one. Is there something in the rules that clarifies this? Was it a translation error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. A.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
French native speaker here: it is not a translation error. Nothing in the French rulebook says anything about it.

However, you can find the answer in the FAQ cheat-sheet, from the official iello website, and available here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/131375/faq-cheat-sheet-st... (English version)
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/130451/bbom-anti-seche (French version)

Quote:
Can you choose the order in which the Curse cards are placed?
No: Curse cards are always placed in the order in which they appear on the Grimoire card, from left to right. Multi-­Element Curse cards are always placed on the leftmost space(s) of the Invocation track (1 and 2), in the order they are drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls