Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

the delay was a bit longer than expected but THEY are finally here : the composition of the ten tables that will decide who will be the new CHAMPION :

The correponding referee for each table is given by the following table:

For each table, 4 neutral random GOO will be available. To set what will be the GOOs (apart from the Watcher of Yuggoth and the Bhole of the Dreamlands), use the following custome dice formula :

1custom11{Azathoth;Abhoth;Atlach-Nacha;Bokrug;Chaugnar Faugn;Cthugha;Father Dagon;Ghatanothoa;Gobogeg;Mother Hydra;Yig}

Example : copy the above formula, click on the 'roll' button on the bgg web page and then paste it under the 'roll' label. just click on 'Validate' to ensure your formula is correct and if ok, click on 'Add Roll':

it gives you this 1custom11{Azathoth;Abhoth;Atlach-Nacha;Bokrug;Chaugnar Faugn;Cthugha;Father Dagon;Ghatanothoa;Gobogeg;Mother Hydra;Yig} -> ( Ghatanothoa) -> ( Ghatanothoa)
So Ghatanothoa has been selected, just remake a second draw: i just need to remove Ghatanothoa from the previous list in the custom dice roll formula (and to set 10 instead of 11) :

The preceding formula becomes :

1custom10{Azathoth;Abhoth;Atlach-Nacha;Bokrug;Chaugnar Faugn;Cthugha;Father Dagon;Gobogeg;Mother Hydra;Yig}

Then using the 'roll' button of bgg, i have the second GOO for my game:
1custom10{Azathoth;Abhoth;Atlach-Nacha;Bokrug;Chaugnar Faugn;Cthugha;Father Dagon;Gobogeg;Mother Hydra;Yig} -> ( Yig) -> ( Yig)
and so on...

IMPORTANT :

For each game, ALL neutral monsters are available and the Hound of Tindalos is also available. He is considered a Terror (Neither a GOO nor a monster, like a monster he can capture).

No units from Onslaught 2 are available.

Eache referee can now launch his dedicated table as he wishes or can wait for the PBF manager 4.0.

Enjoy the game ! ONLY the winner of each table will make his way to the two tables of the next turn !

Cthulhu Ftaghn !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 808809. bengougou75
  • 1custom11{Azathoth;Abhoth;Atlach-Nacha;Bokrug;Chaugnar Faugn;Cthugha;Father Dagon;Ghatanothoa;Gobogeg;Mother Hydra;Yig} =
  • ( Ghatanothoa) =
  • ( Ghatanothoa)
  • Tue Nov 3, 2015 12:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 808810. bengougou75
  • 1custom10{Azathoth;Abhoth;Atlach-Nacha;Bokrug;Chaugnar Faugn;Cthugha;Father Dagon;Gobogeg;Mother Hydra;Yig} =
  • ( Yig) =
  • ( Yig)
  • Tue Nov 3, 2015 12:52 pm
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreamlands 3: The Dreamening now open here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad S.
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question - I'm seeing a lot of Play By Forum posts in the General forums. Why not use the CW Play By Forum forum instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the Primeval Map included in PBF Manager 2.2 is only for 4 players, when all the tables are for 5 players. Is there a more up to date version, or should I just wait for 4.0?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
It looks like the Primeval Map included in PBF Manager 2.2 is only for 4 players, when all the tables are for 5 players. Is there a more up to date version, or should I just wait for 4.0?
Actually it will be a little bit populated but remains playable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hellikin wrote:
Quick question - I'm seeing a lot of Play By Forum posts in the General forums. Why not use the CW Play By Forum forum instead?
Because it's not strictly a thread about a particular game but a thread dedicated to the organization of the League. So it could be in the PBF section, but also in the general section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bengougou75 wrote:
Since this is a tournament, it'd be my preference to stick to the correct map configuration. After all, Sandy designed the 5 player map sides to give a certain game experience.

When will 4.0 be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
bengougou75 wrote:
Since this is a tournament, it'd be my preference to stick to the correct map configuration. After all, Sandy designed the 5 player map sides to give a certain game experience.

When will 4.0 be available?
Actually it is near to be ready but i still need 2 hours i think to finish it My concern is to find these two hours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So should we wait for the new maps? I need a little time to play with it before I go live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun everyone !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming that since we're using 'all' factions we can use neutral Azathoth spellbooks. Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joeyman3 wrote:
I'm assuming that since we're using 'all' factions we can use neutral Azathoth spellbooks. Is that right?
I would suggest not to... it is bringing an extra complexicity that will tax the less experienced players.
Plus those are 5 players table, the more players the less expansions we should have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it has been decreed that the Neutral Spellbooks are available for these tables. As to the wisdom of that decision, only Azathoth can say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
I believe it has been decreed that the Neutral Spellbooks are available for these tables. As to the wisdom of that decision, only Azathoth can say
I still think it is a mistake to have neutral monsters & spellbooks in a five players format (it will widen the experience level gaps between hardcore fans & regular folks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hardcore fan or regular folk, if you enter a tournament you should come prepared for it. All the info on the neutral spellbooks, monsters and GOOs is out there. I've never played on Dreamlands but I don't have a problem learning as I go there either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
AdamStarks wrote:
I still think it is a mistake to have neutral monsters & spellbooks in a five players format (it will widen the experience level gaps between hardcore fans & regular folks)
Actually, after the gathering of opinions coming from all the referees, the list of monsters will be reduced to all the azathoth faction's monsters (+ the Hound) for the Yuggoth and Primeval map and to all the dreamlands monsters (+ the Hound) for the Dreamlands map.

I will make a general announcement tomorrow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nooo!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Gourion
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
joeyman3 wrote:
Nooo!!
NO ? Why ? You realize you are realizing you play at the table of the mighty Arthur Petersen ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
bengougou75 wrote:
joeyman3 wrote:
Nooo!!
NO ? Why ? You realize you are realizing you play at the table of the mighty Arthur Petersen ??
I'm VERY relieved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just being dramatic, but I also like to keep my options open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Majoor
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Username davechua doesn't find anyone for me:

N/A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we supposed to be doing something to follow this up right now?

I'm subscribed to this thread but should I be looking elsewhere.

Sorry if I'm being dumb but I'm worried I might be holding things up by not looking in the right play.

Cheers, chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R. Nielsen-Doss
United States
Hudson Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris
Only 1 table has started. Your moderator will send you a geekmail when game table is ready to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sakerio wrote:
Chris
Only 1 table has started. Your moderator will send you a geekmail when game table is ready to start.
OK, thanks Nick - Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amon Barrach
Spain
Valentia
flag msg tools
So when does Yuggoth 3 start?

Thumb up
 tip