Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have a quick question regarding combat ending when Dracula plays 6 cards. So say the hunters find Dracula at dawn, fight him, and Dracula plays the 6 cards ending combat. Does Dracula just sit at that location until his turn? Which would result in another combat at dusk? Then Dracula on his turn just moves to an adjacent space. Thereby possibly getting into combat again when a hunter moves there?

Ok maybe I just answered my question. But leads me to another question, am I correct in thinking combat at Dawn seems to be more difficult to do since the hunter turn starts after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
I just have a quick question regarding combat ending when Dracula plays 6 cards. So say the hunters find Dracula at dawn, fight him, and Dracula plays the 6 cards ending combat. Does Dracula just sit at that location until his turn? Which would result in another combat at dusk? Then Dracula on his turn just moves to an adjacent space. Thereby possibly getting into combat again when a hunter moves there?

Ok maybe I just answered my question. But leads me to another question, am I correct in thinking combat at Dawn seems to be more difficult to do since the hunter turn starts after.

If the hunters move onto Dracula's location, then combat will usually take place at Dusk (because hunters normally on move by day). If the fight ends by Dracula playing 6 cards, then he remains where he is and may move away on this turn. If he does not move away there will be another combat at Dawn.

In general combat at Dawn will be initiated by Dracula moving onto (or remaining with) a hunter. Combat at Dusk will be initiated by Hunters moving to (or remaining with) Dracula.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Mercer
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, because a battle that starts during Dawn was initiated by Dracula, he could very easily have to battle again at Dusk before he can run away (unless escaping as a bat). But he's the one walking into that situation. Not a good idea to do that unless you have a good feeling you can knock the hunter down easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically seems a bit backward. Hunters should want to battle at dawn and Dracula at dusk. But thanks, that's what I figured out but wasn't too sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
Thematically seems a bit backward. Hunters should want to battle at dawn and Dracula at dusk. But thanks, that's what I figured out but wasn't too sure.

I think it works thematically. The hunters arrive at the city travelling by daylight, set up lodgings, then begin searching for Dracula's hideout. By this time it is night, but if they want to engage him they have no choice.

The hunters can be more cautious, arriving and resting until dawn instead, in order to confront Dracula during the day (as they would prefer). But Dracula has his own sources of information and knows by habit not to stay in one place for too long, so he may very well move on under cover of darkness.

Supposing Dracula wants to confront the hunters, and they are laying low instead of hunting him. He has to learn they came to the city, then search for their specific location, then overcome any safeguards they might have put up (garlic, etc.). By then, it is dawn.

In each case, in order to force a fight, the aggressor has to attack his quarry at a time not of his choosing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
warpi9 wrote:
Thematically seems a bit backward. Hunters should want to battle at dawn and Dracula at dusk.

It's definitely an intentional choice. Check out the design article here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/10/9/the-dev...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was an awesome article

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.