Victory in Europe» Forums » General

Subject: Rules version 1.2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any idea when rules version 1.2 will be posted? I certainly don't want to rush anything as it would be great to have a completely finalized rule set this time round, i.e. no need for additional changes other than house rules. On the other hand, I'm also itching to play this game again, but am somewhat reluctant to do so as I'm waiting for the updated rules. I still consider myself a relative beginner and don't want to familiarize myself more with rules that may well still be changed.

By the way, thanks Ron and CG for being committed to this game; I still believe it holds great potential. For me it's a great combination of playability and historical accuracy and especially the scenarios are playable in a single evening (low density of units, relatively light rules, relatively little down-time, limited number of battles per turn, i.e. hard decisions to be made, swift combat resolution etc.. Especially for playability reasons, I prefer it to Europe Engulfed which I also own and also greatly enjoy for that matter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
coming very soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
coming very soon
That's good to know. Don't mind another few weeks, though, if that means all the ambiguities, loopholes and things simply not covered are all solved, though!

Anyway, looking forward to them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We hope to have 1.2 out by the end of the month, but with the holidays coming up it realistically won't be until January. We are considering some tweaks to rules as outlined in the poll, so if any of you wish to try playing with some or all of the proposals and letting us know how they work for you, we'd appreciate the feedback. I am doing some playtesting myself, but the more inputs the better.

Thank you for the interest and support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just being annoying and leaving punctuation out of my forum posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any decisions made on what rules will be possibly implemented next year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Braveheart wrote:
Any decisions made on what rules will be possibly implemented next year?
Personally I'm hoping the answer is all, as they all seemed like improvements to me and all of them got a majority of votes in favor. If you add the ones that voted "no opinion" the votes against were usually pretty low.

Then again, event though they may "seem" like improvements, they may turn out not to be, which I assume is exactly why they are (now) taking their time to playtest them, which they should! I also know that some people will oppose to any or perhaps even all changes (and they are certainly entitled to that!), but whatever they decide to do, some people will be opposed anyway; no changes, many changes or some changes alike.

The obvious "flaws" which definitely need to be fixed are shore bombardment and paratroopers. I'd say also the one regarding naval regrouping. Not so much because it's necessarily faulty, but rather because in my view it's unnecessarily complicated.

Anyway, sooner or later we'll all see what the changes are going to be!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele romanelli
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the interest. I posted in another thread that we hope to have them out by the end of the month. That is still our hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls