Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
166 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Star Realms» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BGG Star Realms League -- Season 13, Silver Tier, Flagship Division rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League!
This thread is for the thirteenth season of play, Silver Tier, Flagship Division.
Following are the league rules:

Every player should subscribe not only to their own divisional thread, but also to the main discussion thread. This is the only place that I will post notification about upcoming seasons. Additionally, if any player fails to thumb or post in this thread before the start of round 3, that player will be removed (unless I have received prior notification).

Please respect the preferences of the players in your division, if at all possible, for playing with expansions. The divisions have been formulated as much as possible to group preferences together. (Though the Platinum and Gold Tiers are notable exceptions.) This is a Type V and Type 1 division. (For more details, see the Division Structure section below.)

NEW RULES FOR SEASON 13

- The new system of tiebreakers for promotion and relegation is now permanent. In short, there will generally be no playoff. For more details, see the first post of the main announcement thread.

- The new system for the Tier Championships is now permanent. In short, only the division winners will qualify. For more details, see the section on Tier Championships (below).

- Each division will be overseen by a Division Commissioner (DC). The DC has been authorized to act on behalf of -- and be in many ways functionally the same as -- the League Commissioner (LC). All league rules questions and notifications about time away should be directed to your DC.

ROUND STRUCTURE

- A round begins when the standings for the round just finished are posted along with the pairings for the next round. (For the first round, the round begins with this post.)

- The maximum duration of a round is 72 hours (rounded to the next morning, CDT). Matches that are not completed within the 72-hour timeframe will still count once they are completed. A post at the 48-hour mark will indicate which games are still unfinished.

- Each round will be played discretely. In other words, players will not generally "play ahead" by playing matches against divisional opponents in quick succession (unless they have notified their DC of an absence).

- In this league, "match" is defined as "one game against an opponent."

DIVISION STRUCTURE

- The duration of the season is 11 rounds, as each player will play each other player in the division once.

- Standings will be posted upon the conclusion of each round.

- Standings are determined by a player's record of wins and losses.

- The columns you will see in the standings are as follows:

W - wins
L - losses
Pct - winning percentage (wins divided by games played)
Card Pref - the player's preference for playing with expansions:
A - all expansion material
V - no expansion material ("vanilla")
1 - Year 1 Promos only
G - Gambits only
B - Bases & Battleships only
1G, 1B, BG - corresponding combination of above options
NP - no preference

- If a division has an assigned type (for example, "Type 1B"), then all games should generally be played as that type.

- If a division does not have an assigned type, players should try to come to a mutual understanding. If that is not possible due to player's insistence on their preference, the game will be played according to whichever player has the "lower" preference; in this context, A is highest, followed by combinations (1G, 1B, BG), then individual types (1, G, B), then V. If two players have an "equal" preference -- e.g. 1 and B -- they may default to V.

- The current roster of the Platinum Tier will vote on the next season's assigned type at the start of the current season's round 10. In Season 13, there will also be a non-binding vote performed in the same manner in the Gold Tier.

- The regular operation of a division is overseen by a Division Commissioner (DC). The DC has been authorized to act on behalf of -- and be in many ways functionally the same as -- the League Commissioner (LC). All league rules questions and notifications about time away should be directed to your DC.

LEAGUE STRUCTURE

- The league is divided into five tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Iron.

- The tiers are arranged in a pyramidal structure, with a different number of divisions in each tier, as follows:

Platinum - 1 division
Gold - 2 divisions
Silver - 3 divisions
Bronze - 5 divisions
Iron - 9 divisions

- The top 2 players in every division but the Platinum Tier will be promoted. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next higher tier.

- The bottom 4 players in the Platinum Tier and the bottom 3 players in the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Tiers will be relegated. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next lower tier. (Exceptions: To accommodate promotion from below, an extra player will be relegated from one of the Silver Tier divisions and three extras from the Bronze Tier, based on record.)

- In the event that there are players who do not wish to continue for the next season of play, the exact number of players being promoted or relegated may be adjusted downward and/or upward, at the discretion of the LC.

- In the event of a tie for a promotion or relegation spot, tiebreakers will be applied (see next section).

- Player ratings are available here: BGG Star Realms League player ratings.

TIEBREAKERS FOR PROMOTION AND RELEGATION

See the first post in the main announcement thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18950296#18950296

TIER CHAMPIONSHIPS

Each tier will have available to it one prize -- generously provided by White Wizard Games. The Platinum Tier winner will have first choice of prize, followed in turn by the champion of the Gold, then Silver, then Bronze, then Iron Tier.

The prizes are determined no later than the start of the Tier Championships.

The champions of each tier will be determined by having a playoff among the division winners, including all those tied for first.

Tournament structures for any particular number of players are detailed in the first post of the main announcement thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18950296#18950296

Prize support will continue going forward for as long as White Wizard chooses to provide it. If you like this idea and want White Wizard to continue, head over to this link to let them know: http://www.starrealms.com/contact-us/.

REMINDERS, TIPS, NOTES, & CLARIFICATIONS

- Please check in at regular intervals to BGG -- daily, if possible. It would also be a good idea to subscribe to this thread.

- Please endeavor to play at a good pace. Though there is no system in place for penalizing slow play, if it becomes burdensome to the other players in the division, the LC (at the recommendation of the DC) may be forced to remove a lagging player from the league.

- When matches are posted, either player may send the challenge.

- When matches conclude, either player may post the result. Screenshots are not necessary. Final scores are not necessary. The player who does not post the result should give a thumbs-up to the player who did post the result (by clicking the green thumbs-up icon on the post).

- If at some point during the season you anticipate being unavailable for more that a day or two, please notify me as far in advance as you can. In this situation, I am willing to double up games from the rounds you will be absent for so as not to delay the entire division.

- If a player fails to post to this thread by the time the pairings for round 3 are posted, that player will be removed or replaced.

- In the event that a player unexpectedly stops responding to invitations or games being played and it becomes apparent to the DC that the player has abandoned the league, that player will be removed (if it is later than round 3). When a player is removed, all of a player's games are vacated, including games already played; this means that a player's games already played will not count and that future opponents will have a bye for a round.

- If a challenge to another player times out, that challenge should be reissued. If it times out a second time, the match will be forfeited by the timed-out player.

- If a match times out after it has begun, it will be forfeited by the timed-out player.

- Players are not expected to compensate for bugs in the game itself.

- Players should generally be playing with the most up-to-date version of the app.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them (or geekmail your DC, if you prefer).

The Division Commissioner for this division is:
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Round:1
MarauderMo v.MightyEris (V)
Evan v.InvAsian (V)
LogusVile v.iamthetick (1)
DADDYO v.AtheistPanda (V)
JivetimeJ v.greylag (V)
AshCoolBro v.dbonzai (V)

Note: The type in which each match should be played is as noted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey everyone, good luck. It's my first season here in Silver, very nice to be a brief guest. I've let our bold division commissioner Cliff know that I'm going to be away 20th-27th November - I'll do everything I can to play ahead / catch up in games before/after then, but sorry if our game gets caught up in it.

The only other thing that players here might want to know is that I habitually write up my league games in a geeklist which contains my match reports since I joined in Season 10. If you'd like to read them without spoilers, you can subscribe to the list and see them there. Here I will just post the match results (if my opponent hasn't made it back here already) and a link to the report.

If for whatever reason you'd rather our game not appear in a report, that's fine, please let me know ahead of time (I take privacy v. seriously). Otherwise, opponent's comments are always very welcome on the list - I love to know what my opponent was thinking, especially in close-fought or complex games, or games with key decision points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marauder Mo

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge out to MightyEris. I don't think I've ever faced you before, this should be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh, jeez, you're here, MM? This is gonna be pretty brutal. Did I ever take a game in that series? I think once, right, out of how many...?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marauder Mo

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here after a brutal 3-8 record last season. Looking for redemption. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, happy to be here assisting Remy with the league. As my first Divisional Commissioner outing, I'll do my best to check in regularly and keep everyone updated as we move forward.

I'm on the West Coast, so if my postings are at odd hours for anyone, I apologize for being "left-coasted". Thanks again to Remy for overseeing an incredible community here in the BGG Star Realms League. Have a great season everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, good luck!

challenge sent to iamthetick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marauder Mo

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'm drawing first blood. MarauderMo over MightyEris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W.
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Hey everyone, good luck!

Logusvile over Iamthetick. Good and close game, I thought I had you beat, but then I could seem to draw the damage I needed to finish you off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W.
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to everyone in this new season. - Iamthetick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad Bendixen
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
Blood is the right word - I don't have a clear vision of what I did wrong, but I definitely felt soundly trounced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marauder Mo

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Eris wrote:
Blood is the right word - I don't have a clear vision of what I did wrong, but I definitely felt soundly trounced.

I got a relatively early BW and drew it consistently. Not much you could have done differently I think. GG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theobeast wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
Hey everyone, good luck!

Logusvile over Iamthetick. Good and close game, I thought I had you beat, but then I could seem to draw the damage I needed to finish you off.

I also thought you had me beat. I took the junkyard at one point and then thought to myself that was stupid because I don't have any damage cards. But in the end it allowed me to thin my deck to 3 high damage cards and survive enough to make a come back and take it. I remember at one point looking at your deck and thinking you still had a lot of starter cards that would dilute your attacks and maybe I could survive long enough. Anyway, good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following matches remain for this round:

Evan v. InvAsian
DADDYO v. AtheistPanda
JivetimeJ v. greylag
AshCoolBro v. dbonzai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Le
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Checking in. Sending a challenge to Evan tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke h
Australia
flag msg tools
daddyo over atheistpanda

cheers good game,

also could i change my preference to NP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Crabtree
United States
Ellsworth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
godurmyall wrote:
The following matches remain for this round:

Evan v. InvAsian
DADDYO v. AtheistPanda
JivetimeJ v. greylag
AshCoolBro v. dbonzai

DADDYO over AtheistPanda. Good Game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greylag def. JivetimeJ (match report)

Local upstarts Supply and Missile Bot prove why they're better than the Patrol Mech twins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug woolley

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AshCoolBro just destroyed dbonzai cry

Oh, and I'm checking in!

I hope everyone has a great season!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Le
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
InvAsian over Evan! GG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay everyone, here we are!

Standings in round 1
Tier: Silver Division: Flagship
Name W L Pct Card Pref
AshCoolBro 1 0 100 1
DADDYO 1 0 100 V
greylag 1 0 100 V
InvAsian 1 0 100 V
LogusVile 1 0 100 1
MarauderMo 1 0 100 V
AtheistPanda 0 1 0 1
dbonzai 0 1 0 V
Evan 0 1 0 1
iamthetick 0 1 0 1
JivetimeJ 0 1 0 V
MightyEris 0 1 0 1

And here we go!

Round: 2
MarauderMo v. InvAsian
Evan v. iamthetick
LogusVile v. AtheistPanda
DADDYO v. greylag
JivetimeJ v. dbonzai
AshCoolBro v. MightyEris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a friendly reminder to a few players who've yet to check in. I know you've all finished your first round of games, but if the following players would kindly chime in here, that would be great. Thanks!

Evan
JivetimeJ
AshCoolBro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to AtheistPanda with year 1 promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W.
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to Evan. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke h
Australia
flag msg tools
greylag over daddyo

cheers

couldnt get enough firepower happening in that one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.