Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League!
This thread is for the thirteenth season of play, Iron Tier, Raft Division.
Following are the league rules:

Every player should subscribe not only to their own divisional thread, but also to the main discussion thread. This is the only place that I will post notification about upcoming seasons. Additionally, if any player fails to thumb or post in this thread before the start of round 3, that player will be removed (unless I have received prior notification).

Please respect the preferences of the players in your division, if at all possible, for playing with expansions. The divisions have been formulated as much as possible to group preferences together. (Though the Platinum and Gold Tiers are notable exceptions.) This is a Type 1B division. (For more details, see the Division Structure section below.)

NEW RULES FOR SEASON 13

- The new system of tiebreakers for promotion and relegation is now permanent. In short, there will generally be no playoff. For more details, see the first post of the main announcement thread.

- The new system for the Tier Championships is now permanent. In short, only the division winners will qualify. For more details, see the section on Tier Championships (below).

- Each division will be overseen by a Division Commissioner (DC). The DC has been authorized to act on behalf of -- and be in many ways functionally the same as -- the League Commissioner (LC). All league rules questions and notifications about time away should be directed to your DC.

ROUND STRUCTURE

- A round begins when the standings for the round just finished are posted along with the pairings for the next round. (For the first round, the round begins with this post.)

- The maximum duration of a round is 72 hours (rounded to the next morning, CDT). Matches that are not completed within the 72-hour timeframe will still count once they are completed. A post at the 48-hour mark will indicate which games are still unfinished.

- Each round will be played discretely. In other words, players will not generally "play ahead" by playing matches against divisional opponents in quick succession (unless they have notified their DC of an absence).

- In this league, "match" is defined as "one game against an opponent."

DIVISION STRUCTURE

- The duration of the season is 11 rounds, as each player will play each other player in the division once.

- Standings will be posted upon the conclusion of each round.

- Standings are determined by a player's record of wins and losses.

- The columns you will see in the standings are as follows:

W - wins
L - losses
Pct - winning percentage (wins divided by games played)
Card Pref - the player's preference for playing with expansions:
A - all expansion material
V - no expansion material ("vanilla")
1 - Year 1 Promos only
G - Gambits only
B - Bases & Battleships only
1G, 1B, BG - corresponding combination of above options
NP - no preference

- If a division has an assigned type (for example, "Type 1B"), then all games should generally be played as that type.

- If a division does not have an assigned type, players should try to come to a mutual understanding. If that is not possible due to player's insistence on their preference, the game will be played according to whichever player has the "lower" preference; in this context, A is highest, followed by combinations (1G, 1B, BG), then individual types (1, G, B), then V. If two players have an "equal" preference -- e.g. 1 and B -- they may default to V.

- The current roster of the Platinum Tier will vote on the next season's assigned type at the start of the current season's round 10. In Season 13, there will also be a non-binding vote performed in the same manner in the Gold Tier.

- The regular operation of a division is overseen by a Division Commissioner (DC). The DC has been authorized to act on behalf of -- and be in many ways functionally the same as -- the League Commissioner (LC). All league rules questions and notifications about time away should be directed to your DC.

LEAGUE STRUCTURE

- The league is divided into five tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Iron.

- The tiers are arranged in a pyramidal structure, with a different number of divisions in each tier, as follows:

Platinum - 1 division
Gold - 2 divisions
Silver - 3 divisions
Bronze - 5 divisions
Iron - 9 divisions

- The top 2 players in every division but the Platinum Tier will be promoted. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next higher tier.

- The bottom 4 players in the Platinum Tier and the bottom 3 players in the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Tiers will be relegated. In other words, if they wish to play in the next season, they will be placed in the next lower tier. (Exceptions: To accommodate promotion from below, an extra player will be relegated from one of the Silver Tier divisions and three extras from the Bronze Tier, based on record.)

- In the event that there are players who do not wish to continue for the next season of play, the exact number of players being promoted or relegated may be adjusted downward and/or upward, at the discretion of the LC.

- In the event of a tie for a promotion or relegation spot, tiebreakers will be applied (see next section).

- Player ratings are available here: BGG Star Realms League player ratings.

TIEBREAKERS FOR PROMOTION AND RELEGATION

See the first post in the main announcement thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18950296#18950296

TIER CHAMPIONSHIPS

Each tier will have available to it one prize -- generously provided by White Wizard Games. The Platinum Tier winner will have first choice of prize, followed in turn by the champion of the Gold, then Silver, then Bronze, then Iron Tier.

The prizes are determined no later than the start of the Tier Championships.

The champions of each tier will be determined by having a playoff among the division winners, including all those tied for first.

Tournament structures for any particular number of players are detailed in the first post of the main announcement thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18950296#18950296

Prize support will continue going forward for as long as White Wizard chooses to provide it. If you like this idea and want White Wizard to continue, head over to this link to let them know: http://www.starrealms.com/contact-us/.

REMINDERS, TIPS, NOTES, & CLARIFICATIONS

- Please check in at regular intervals to BGG -- daily, if possible. It would also be a good idea to subscribe to this thread.

- Please endeavor to play at a good pace. Though there is no system in place for penalizing slow play, if it becomes burdensome to the other players in the division, the LC (at the recommendation of the DC) may be forced to remove a lagging player from the league.

- When matches are posted, either player may send the challenge.

- When matches conclude, either player may post the result. Screenshots are not necessary. Final scores are not necessary. The player who does not post the result should give a thumbs-up to the player who did post the result (by clicking the green thumbs-up icon on the post).

- If at some point during the season you anticipate being unavailable for more that a day or two, please notify me as far in advance as you can. In this situation, I am willing to double up games from the rounds you will be absent for so as not to delay the entire division.

- If a player fails to post to this thread by the time the pairings for round 3 are posted, that player will be removed or replaced.

- In the event that a player unexpectedly stops responding to invitations or games being played and it becomes apparent to the DC that the player has abandoned the league, that player will be removed (if it is later than round 3). When a player is removed, all of a player's games are vacated, including games already played; this means that a player's games already played will not count and that future opponents will have a bye for a round.

- If a challenge to another player times out, that challenge should be reissued. If it times out a second time, the match will be forfeited by the timed-out player.

- If a match times out after it has begun, it will be forfeited by the timed-out player.

- Players are not expected to compensate for bugs in the game itself.

- Players should generally be playing with the most up-to-date version of the app.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them (or geekmail your DC, if you prefer).

The Division Commissioner for this division is:

Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb

Round:1
Mithrophon v.Tuen
nizlamb v.ScottSOScott
mkkohls v.Phishy
Mars v.KineticMan
ColinMacLeod v.ghuqu
bdq v.fFish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Division Commissioner checking in: Welcome everybody to the Iron Tier, Raft Devision!

Some words about me: I have already played about 10 (or even more, not sure at the moment) seasons here, now playing in Bronze Tier after being relegated last season from Silver Tier.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me! Now have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note that this is a Type 1B Division so all games should generally be played as that type. 4 players are still marked with "no preference":

- mkkohls
- FCSchmidt
- ghuqu
- KineticMan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found a player to fill the "bye" slot: Tuen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starbuck
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to KineticMan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. N.
msg tools
mb
Mithrophon's challenge is sent. Thanks for getting me in! I'm excited to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to ghuqu.

ghuqu, I don't expect to play immediately since we just finished our KotC:W3 match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDGAR MENDEZ
United States
EL PASO
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's on! Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. N.
msg tools
mb
I'm guessing that we report results in this thread too? Should that not be the case, feel free to correct me.

Tuen v. Mithrophon results in Tuen's win. We both started out with a cutter each, but some early scrap saved me from getting destroyed by needle combos (which I sustained 20+ damage to before the winning turn >.> ). Good game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff J
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to mkkohls

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuen9 wrote:
I'm guessing that we report results in this thread too?

That's right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kohls
United States
Merrimack
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkkohls checking in. Mars we're in the same division again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColinMacLeod wrote:
Challenge sent to ghuqu.

ghuqu, I don't expect to play immediately since we just finished our KotC:W3 match.

ColinMacLeod def ghuqu.

My explorers hit first to pick up a Megahauler w/ my Freighter which turned into an Command Ship, and then bought an Ark the next turn. That's a tough trio to overcome, although you did scrap all your starters by the end of the game. You were ready to roll if I didn't finish you off in the next couple turns. GGs today. I enjoyed them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Quinn
Ireland
Athlone
Westmeath
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge (from bdq) sent to fFish!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pannell
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That was two tough matches, ColinMacLeod. Good Games I had the scrap, but I didn't have the speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDGAR MENDEZ
United States
EL PASO
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!
This is my first I've participated in a league. Are we to play best 2 out of 3? I didn't see this specified in the opening post.
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KineticMan wrote:
Hi!
This is my first I've participated in a league. Are we to play best 2 out of 3? I didn't see this specified in the opening post.
Thanks!

I had to look twice to find it:
Aweberman wrote:
- In this league, "match" is defined as "one game against an opponent."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDGAR MENDEZ
United States
EL PASO
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! I got kind of confused when people were mentioning they played several games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starbuck
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KineticMan d. Mars

gg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trayton Otto
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KineticMan wrote:
Thanks! I got kind of confused when people were mentioning they played several games.

ghuqu and I happened to play in the Semis of King of the Cosmos, Wave 3 on Tuesday morning, only to be paired up again in the first round of Season 13 of the League.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff J
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phishy defeated mkkohls

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games remain in round 1:

nizlamb v. ScottSOScott
bdq v. fFish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Quinn
Ireland
Athlone
Westmeath
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BDQ defeated fFish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Standings after round 1

Tier: Iron Division: Raft

Name W L Pct Card Pref
bdq 1 0 100 1B
ColinMacLeod 1 0 100 1B
KineticMan 1 0 100 NP
Phishy 1 0 100 1B
ScottSOScott 1 0 100 1B
Tuen 1 0 100 1B
fFish 0 1 0 1B
ghuqu 0 1 0 NP
Mars 0 1 0 NP
Mithrophon 0 1 0 1B
mkkohls 0 1 0 NP
nizlamb 0 1 0 1B

Current Round: 2
Remaining games from prior rounds: 0
Remaining games from this round: 6

Round: 2

Mithrophon v. ScottSOScott
nizlamb v. Phishy
mkkohls v. KineticMan
Mars v. ghuqu
ColinMacLeod v. fFish
bdq v. Tuen

EDIT: I have updated the standings with the last game from round 1 (ScottSOScott v. nizlamb).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Martin
United Kingdom
Polegate
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ScottSOScott beat nizlamb. Super close GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.