Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As in title.
Xeno Invasion cards are probaly quite simple variants of previous cards.
And Invasion module look quite possible and not as upsetting when comparing with Alien Orb...
But we don't know:
1) if there is RGG permision
2) if Keldon has will and time to do such expansion. Can have anybody else code changes?
3) Maybe it is in the works...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be that it will be at some point and I think there is a good chance that the invasion game will be included, since it looks like it would be far easier to implement than the orb. Tom's comment here suggests that he didn't see any reason why Keldon wouldn't implement XI when he wrote it (Aug 2014).

I doubt it will be out for a while though, since AA wasn't released on on Keldon for a while after the physical game was released. RGG may have asked that new expansions are not available immediately, obviously this is speculation, but we know AA was implemented by Keldon prior to release of the card game:

Tom Lehmann wrote:

I supplemented the AA testing with a private version of Keldon's AI and played it over 1000 times at different player counts. This led me to slightly tweak exactly one AA card before publication; a single number that I was already a bit dubious about shifted by 1. That's a lot of my time spent for very little game improvement. Mostly, this experiment confirmed that the testing we already do is pretty darn good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
RGG may have asked that new expansions are not available immediately, obviously this is speculation, but we know AA was implemented by Keldon prior to release of the card game:
XI Will probably be rereleased in 2016, so adding moratorium means there is several months to implement the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rafal100 wrote:

XI Will probably be rereleased in 2016, so adding moratorium means there is several months to implement the expansion.
Yes, my guess is it will be out on Keldon's AI mid year, since AA was available about 6 months after release. Obviously this is speculation based on one data point so there's a good chance it's totally wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC with AA, it was available sooner, but RGG asked Keldon to delay its release 3 months after the boxed version of AA came out. I could see the same request for XI. As for whether or not XI will actually get released, I'm excited to see there it's a possibility!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
U.S.A., Earth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were there any status updates to the XI implementation on Keldon's AI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meles meles
Poland
flag msg tools
Subject
I would also be glad to try it out, but not necessarily to the point of buying it. It's the learning curve and people I know don't play Race very often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls