Subject: Keeping track of Vitality and Threat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use sleeved cards and I am forever knocking my vitality and threat around on the hero board.

Has anyone done anything different to track these values?

I am thinking about a couple of these dual life counters on ebay. (Just do a search for life counter on ebay to see what I am talking about)

The ones that are about 8.50 a piece.

I thought about dice but same problem really. too easy to knock around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use multiple tokens. That way the quantity matters, not the location, so it doesn't matter if you bump them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: John Company fanMicrobadge: Spirit Island fanMicrobadge: MYTH fanMicrobadge: Argent: The Consortium fanMicrobadge: Fan of Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island
I think in the past someone magnetized the tokens and board to avoid this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You might try this....

I created this graphic for my YouTube Channel when I intended to have status on screen with live recordings of gameplay (like the MegaCon Videos). While my prototype worked great, I have yet to produce a video that required this asset.

Maybe you could print this and us it to track your hero's threat, status and vitality with the provided tokens. It keeps you from moving the tokens with the sleeved cards (I have the same problem, FWIW), but requires more table space (which I'm personally not a big fan of).

Anyway, this might help, so I'm posting. Let us know how it works if you end up using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
B Wumpus wrote:
I think in the past someone magnetized the tokens and board to avoid this.
You may be referring to mine. I know some people didn't like the aesthetics of the board after, but it works so well I think it's worth it. Alternatively, you could put the magnets on the back of the board and they wouldn't be seen... however I would be concerned about possible scratches to the surface of the gaming surface/table.

Can be seen here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordCyler wrote:
[q="B Wumpus"]I would be concerned about possible scratches to the surface of the gaming surface/table.
Glue some felt over the magnets so they don't scratch? If you are using small rare-earth magnets, they are generally coated with a smooth surface and shouldn't scratch anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
LordCyler wrote:
[q="B Wumpus"]I would be concerned about possible scratches to the surface of the gaming surface/table.
Glue some felt over the magnets so they don't scratch? If you are using small rare-earth magnets, they are generally coated with a smooth surface and shouldn't scratch anything.
Yep, that could work. For me, I've already got them on my boards so anyone who wanted to try it is more than welcome. I never had a problem modifying the board as it works so much better now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
Can someone link where they bought the magnets? I looked on amazon but I had trouble finding the right size
I got mine from K&J. Their prices are reasonable and they don't have a minimum requirement or force you to buy in bulk.

For this project:

Count: 189
Discs

Count: 11
Spheres

Count: 32
Cylinders

*Double check counts if you are planning to buy.
**Tip: K&J have a $5.00 shipping option, but you have to select USPS during shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls