David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi, I'm doing a solo run through of the game to familiarise myself with the rules and mechanics before playing it tonight at our games club.

I have a few questions about Reflux, if you have time I would be grateful for answers:

1. Can you Reflux any card (e.g. an Upgrade)?

2. The wording on Reflux says "discard" - but the rules imply it can be used to enhance Distill. If the answer to 1. above is "yes" then I assume that an Upgrade would go onto your discard pile, but would a gas card go there or back onto the appropriate Air pile?

3. If the gas card goes back onto its Air pile, would this trigger the effects of Reboiler-Condenser or Vapor-compression Refrigeration if it was Oxygen or Nitrogen respectively?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Petty
United States
Chapel Hill
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yep.
2. Discarded cards go directly to your discard pile. Same as how an Upgrade card that is played from your hand goes directly to your discard pile. This is not different for element cards; they are discarded to your discard pile (not the general AIR supply).
3. Nope.

Reflux is cool though, because you can control the timing (mentioned on pg. 12). You can use Reflux to discard a card before or after taking your main Distill action, which can come in handy for isolating Xe. Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
Overclock Epic Fail!
badge
Please note I am no longer very active on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks. Didn't get round to playing tonight as I got involved in a game of Trickerion, but the clarification will be handy when the game does hit the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Sint-Lievens-Houtem
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheCrippledWerewolf wrote:
1. Yep.
2. Discarded cards go directly to your discard pile. Same as how an Upgrade card that is played from your hand goes directly to your discard pile. This is not different for element cards; they are discarded to your discard pile (not the general AIR supply).
3. Nope.

Reflux is cool though, because you can control the timing (mentioned on pg. 12). You can use Reflux to discard a card before or after taking your main Distill action, which can come in handy for isolating Xe. Hope that helps!

Woops, clearly played that one wrong. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meepleplex wrote:
1. Can you Reflux any card (e.g. an Upgrade)?

2. The wording on Reflux says "discard" - but the rules imply it can be used to enhance Distill. If the answer to 1. above is "yes" then I assume that an Upgrade would go onto your discard pile, but would a gas card go there or back onto the appropriate Air pile?
If I'm not mistaken, the fact that Reflux is considered an upgrade for the Distill action, this means it can only be used during the Distill phase of your turn, and not later in your turn, am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls