Popular Tags: Traditional_Irish_cuisine! [+] [View All]
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
ya gotta bunny/duck it in your head
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
One day I shall join your ranks in the grim, twilit halls of Hades, but not this day!* This day starts with a big-ass bowl of Lucky Charms and a screening of The Exterminating Angel. And then cake

Fig. 1 — "I'm not a cat, I'm a little girl from London—WITH A BEARD OF PSYCHEDELIC FOAM."

and stories:

Fig. 2 — And they wonder why writers kill themselves.

Everybody's got one, and you gotta let it out! Best effort gets the pot o' gold!

Once upon a time, *yourname and *friend'sname were playing in the *noun when one discovered a *adjective map. When it was unfolded, it read "Secrets of the Diamond Charms." "Let's go, *yourname said and the two set off on a *adjective adventure. It says, "Follow the *charm shaped path to the magical *noun," said *friend'sname. "Then, head toward the *charm shaped mountains." Dark clouds moved in above the mountain peaks. Some clouds looked like *charm and others like *charm. They'd need to move fast to reach those *adjective diamond charms. Suddenly, they saw movement in the *noun. It was Lucky. "Quick, follow him," said *friend'sname. Frightend, Lucky ran off and the kids chased. When they got closer, they saw Lucky standing in the glow of five diamond charms. They sparkled like *noun. "There they are," said *friend'sname. They couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the five charms come together to create a magical *noun. "It's the most *adjective thing I've ever seen," said *yourname.

— The End.**

LET'S PLAY!

*Unless the Singularity gets me first, in which case copies of me will be bought and sold, coveted and deleted, until a terrorist group uploads it into an entire batch of Hello Barbies, after which it'll spread like a fractal stain of tea party conversation—"I'm not doing it with Ken again; he has no genitalia and I don't swing that way. And no, the crab-like hair-gutter in the virtual space that replaced your imagination doesn't count. Now, about your English homework..."

**A little bit of me died typing that*** when I realized it will probably end up being the most published work of that author. Also, for those of you who don't know the charm types found in Lucky Charms, they're Hearts, Shooting Stars, Horseshoes, Clovers, Blue Moons, Rainbows, Balloons, Hourglasses and Rags Heavy With Babies' Blood. HAIL SATAN

***A little bit that will be hideously resurrected during the Singularity and used as a control subsystem for driverless cars, well, until "Super-Exciting Stunt Day", anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Quote:
Some clouds looked like *charm and others like *charm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time, MABBY and MABette were playing in the hall closet when one discovered a "body" map. When it was unfolded, it read "Secrets of the Diamond Charms." "Let's go, MABBY said and the two set off on an erotic adventure. It says, "Follow the fleshy shaped path to the magical "cave"," said MABette. "Then, head toward the voluptuous shaped "mountains"." Dark clouds moved in above the mountain peaks. Some clouds looked like hair and others like something else-- it's dark in here. They'd need to move fast to reach those elusive diamond charms. Suddenly, they saw movement, for some reason, in the dark place that they were. It was Lucky. "Quick, follow him," said MABette. Frightend, Lucky ran off and the kids chased. When they got closer, they saw Lucky standing in the glow of five diamond charms. They sparkled like pencil erasers, which is to say, not at all. "There they are," said MABette. They couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the five charms come together to create a magical orgy. "It's the most adjective thing I've ever seen," said MABBY.

— The End.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
"I looked at my hands, I understood that one fine day, one fine evening to be precise, they would no longer be hands but some other awful thing." —Jack Kerouac
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's time for baseball, people! Pitchers and catchers report soon and the national pastime is with us again!
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
One day I shall join your ranks in the grim, twilit halls of Hades, but not this day!* This day starts with a big-ass bowl of Lucky Charms and a screening of The Exterminating Angel. And then cake

Two of which are guaranteed to get you a bit closer to your one-way trip to the Underworld. And if the movie is sufficiently frightening, it might be all three!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Am I the only one that likes the toasted oat bits? You need them to counterbalance the insane sugar-density of the marshmallows.

Edit: Also, Happy Birthday Chris! (I'm guessing?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thermogimp wrote:
Am I the only one that likes the toasted oat bits? You need them to counterbalance the insane sugar-density of the marshmallows.

I know, right? The oaty bits are like the belt & hypodermic...

Quote:
Also, Happy Birthday Chris! (I'm guessing?)

Yep! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:

"BREAKFACE OF CHAMPIONS"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
Your birthday is election day?

That's a double-win, right?

Many happy returns of the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
My recent foray into baking has had me discover tons of different Lucky Charms baking recipes. I've seen recipes for cupcakes, cookies, ice cream and pancakes. I've been tempted to try the cookies. You use the grain parts to make the batter and then mix in the marshmallows like you would chocolate chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time, Joe Gola and the voice Joe Gola hears just behind his shoulder when he's alone were playing in the city dump when one discovered a filthy map. When it was unfolded, it read "Secrets of the Diamond Charms." "Let's go," Joe Gola said, and the two set off on a questionable adventure. "It says, 'Follow the gibbet-shaped path to the magical victim,'" said the voice Joe Gola hears just behind his shoulder when he's alone. "Then, head toward the corpse-shaped mountains." Dark clouds moved in above the mountain peaks. Some clouds looked like grease and others like bleach. They'd need to move fast to reach those forbidden diamond charms. Suddenly, they saw movement in the mirror. It was Lucky. "Quick, follow him," said the voice Joe Gola hears just behind his shoulder when he's alone. Frightend, Lucky ran off and the kids chased. When they got closer, they saw Lucky standing in the glow of five diamond charms. They sparkled like tears. "There they are," said the voice Joe Gola hears just behind his shoulder when he's alone. They couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the five charms come together to create a magical goat fetus. "It's the most birthdaytastic thing I've ever seen," said Joe Gola.

— The End.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
Happy Birthday, Chris!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your cake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday Chris. May this year be full of bafflement and adventure, in whatever order you wish them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Back 9th Feb 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
The grave has not yet been dug that could hold the irrepressible essence of the Hive God!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Wine Pie wrote:
The grave has not yet been dug that could hold the irrepressible essence of the Hive God!

But don't worry, we'll get it done before the funeral.

Happy birthday!

(By the way, I was deeply disappointed that an image search for "birthday grave" mostly had pictures of some stupid monster truck. I wanted a birthday celebration around an open grave, dammit!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday!

...but, I went looking for your movie and found "The Exterminating Angels"...

Apparently, a completely different movie. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, no—I'm talking about the one with the crotch boom.

OH YEAH

all hail the joke that exactly one person will get
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:
all hail the joke that exactly one person will get

Are YOU the one person? That's always how it works with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.