Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state (multiple times) that you can't add a component to a Time Machine (TM) that launched earlier in the day.

But what about a TM that doesn't have a token on it, because it's not yet "available"? For example, can you add a component to time machine II on day 1?

I was assuming "no", because the Playing a Day section of the rules states that you place a token on TM I "to show that it is available". So TMs without tokens are not available. But I can't see anything later in the rules that forbids adding components to TMs that are unavailable and unlaunched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No because those other time machines don't exist yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot put a token on a time machine that doesn't have a token yet and has not been brought into play.

Technically, that time machine doesn't exist yet. The first day, you only have the one time machine. The second day, after you go back in time, you have two - one that you brought back in time, and one that was already there. On the third day you have three: two that you brought back in time, and then the one that was already there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scottbalmes wrote:
You cannot put a token on a time machine that doesn't have a token yet and has not been brought into play.

Technically, that time machine doesn't exist yet.

Thanks, Scott and David. That's what I thought. What threw me was the contrast between the "available" rule being stated once, buried in a big paragraph, and the "already launched" rules being stated at every opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.