Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Martin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group completed the objective for searching and for vaccinating 6 cities in October so we destroyed the card. That leaves us with 3 mandatory objectives.

1. Cure the 3 normal diseases
2. Have 3 vaccine factories
3. Destroy 2 military bases

Going into November we only have 1 remaining military base on the board.

My question is this, do we have to build a 2nd temporary military base to complete the "Destroy 2 military bases" objective?

I would guess yes, but it just seems like poor design that lacks theme if we have to build a base just to blow it up. It seems kind of annoying and fiddly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be fine as a second military base should be coming up during setup accoring to one of the new rules that you should have drawn by now (unless you already counted that one as the 1 you have on the board).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Martin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
You might be fine as a second military base should be coming up during setup accoring to one of the new rules that you should have drawn by now (unless you already counted that one as the 1 you have on the board).
All of our starting military bases have been out for awhile and destroyed.

Also in setup the rule reads:

"During step 4, place a starting military base sticker and military base... If there are no starting military base stickers remaining there is no effect."

I read this rule to mean if we have no stickers left, no new bases get added during setup. This implies we have to build the bases themselves to blow them up for the objective, which seems weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you can build a military base just to sabotage it for the objective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Martin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyght wrote:
Yeah, you can build a military base just to sabotage it for the objective.
That's just so fiddly, which is why I'm asking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Coffey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We were in the same boat. We had to build a base, borrow some c4 from said base...then return the ticking package as we moved on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Martin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cafiend wrote:
We were in the same boat. We had to build a base, borrow some c4 from said base...then return the ticking package as we moved on.
Ha, that's probably what we will do when we play tonight. We had a small rules argument over it. One of our players assumed if all the bases were dead that the "blow up" objective was null. It makes much more sense this way.

I'm glad to meet another "efficient terrorist" out there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls