Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sticker says "the person who plays this card..." though the card as with other special events can be played at any time for no action.

Does this mean it
A- limits the use of the special event to the person who draws the card?
Or B- can they play this on someone else's turn so they get the benefit?

With other similar events usually it says "the current player" from my memory. Meaning that if Player X holds the card, and it's Player Y's turn, then Player X can play the card while Player Y is the current player and Player Y takes the action.

Given the different wording here I'd lean towards option A and it's how we played it the one time it's been drawn so far.

However, I'd quite like the answer to be Option B as it's more flexible! Guess the theme is that as an Unfunded Event it's not quite as powerful as a Special Event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Rodriguez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is that the one where you have to discard cards to get extra actions? Maybe the cards to be discarded have to come from the person that owns this card in order to any player getting extra actions in their turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was being lazy in my typing. Exact words (still no spoilers as it's on the main sticker board from the game start)

Grassroots Program:
The person who plays this card may discard up to 3 city cards, removing 1 cube matching the color of each card, from anywhere on the board
Play any time, not an action

So
A - only the player with the card can play the card on their turn, for free, and use the cards in their hand to remove cubes
or
B - the player can play it on someone else's turn so they can discard cards from their hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The person who plays this card may discard up to 3 city cards
Play anytime as usual, only the one who played it gets to discard the cards as written (also as usual).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
Quote:
The person who plays this card may discard up to 3 city cards
Play anytime as usual, only the one who played it gets to discard the cards as written (also as usual).
+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Rodriguez
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It was actually "C", nice find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamequack wrote:
It was actually "C", nice find.
Or A if I edit it slightly and write as I intended without the extra bits about turn!

Question really should have been about who's cards can be used, only the original player or some other player. Answer A, limits the use and power of the card, which does make sense. Thematically and mechanically this fits with the slightly less powerful, but always available unfunded events.

Thanks for the help, had been hoping for a bit of a push to B, but realise it's as simple as A!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls