Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferro Ostil
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two ways of moving the HQ forward - voluntary withdrawal and placing it the reinforcement phase of the next turn, or using the Fuel Shortage card. I also get the attrition implications and the need to move units out of the home islands.

But where to put the HQ? This will obviously depend on the big picture strategy. What's the best location if I am going after Australia in 1942? Davao? Tarakan? Holandia?

What about if I am going after CBI and especially Northern India? Tarakan won't quite reach Dacca. Hong Kong? Tianan? Cam Ranh? This choice may be limited if I am using Fuel Shortage, because of the restriction to within 3 hexes of a resource hex.

Finally, If I want to take the war to the US, and go after the fleet, is it insane to move Combined Fleet foward to say, Kwajalein? That will reach Oahu.

Moving HQs is a bit daunting at my level of (in-)experience, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Grube
United States
La Vista
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you put your HQ in the land down under where women glow and men plunder. Ever wonder who this geeky user is who keeps replying random stuff to your posts. Ho Ho Ho 2014...Hope you have a great Christmas this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bangkok works for the CBI, though if you use Rangoon itself (and have the Kwai bridge) you can REALLY shut down the CBI because now you can invade and supply the Maldives as well as Ceylon. Your activation advantage will be unstoppable. Naturally you will have to watch your back as you are doing this since the Pacific will likely be vulnerable because you're going to have to transfer a great deal of naval assets into the theater.

For Australia, Hollandia won't let you supply Derby or Broome. While Davao won't let you supply Cairns or Townsville. Kendari is interesting because you can now supply all of Northern Australia with it while being able to activate anything in New Guinea, the Admiralty Is, Kavieng, Rabaul and Gasmata.

For the US, it's not insane to use Kwajalein. I have also read of taking Unalaska and putting Combined Fleet in Dutch Harbor, it allows you to actively pursue the PW hits for Alaska, Midway and Hawaii.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls