Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Brown
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need three colors, why would you pick a color blind unfriendly pair? I finally got to play this over the weekend and had the devil's own time telling the British and Soviet clandestine networks apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilight wrote:
You only need three colors, why would you pick a color blind unfriendly pair? I finally got to play this over the weekend and had the devil's own time telling the British and Soviet clandestine networks apart.
Regrets, I had no control over the hue or color intensity of the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
pilight wrote:
I've actually had a gaming partner tell me "What do you mean you can't tell the difference? It's clear as day!"

I think it's a conspiracy of the color-enabled to keep us down... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DownriverRick wrote:

I think it's a conspiracy of the color-enabled to keep us down...
It's actually a Communist plot by Uncle Joe to extend his influence...

Taking tongue out of cheek, you may or may not want to take this up in a new thread on the GMT forums. GMT uses wooden tokens in a lot of games (COIN, Churchill etc), so this would be a good point to raise. You might want to give them a list of what colors/combinations are good for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Sherrard
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several free online colorblind simulators that allow uploading and viewing images to simulate various types of color vision. I find these tools very helpful when selecting color palettes for materials that will be shared with large groups of people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilight wrote:
I don't think you can win. I have trouble with blue and green.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
pilight wrote:
My advice is to find stick on dots and put a letter on them or by shape. There are no perfect combinations that look nice. If this prevents anyone from playing the game, my loss not yours.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
pilight wrote:
Good point. Red/Green may be the most common, but it certainly isn't the only problem combination.

MarkHerman wrote:

My advice is to find stick on dots and put a letter on them or by shape. There are no perfect combinations that look nice. If this prevents anyone from playing the game, my loss not yours.

Mark
With a game like Churchill and the COIN series, I already do this. A small dot made with a Sharpie paint pen is great for this (I use either white or silver on the red bits). Counters are another story...
And kudos to David on the Vassal mod. The hammer and sickle emblem on the Soviet pieces make the mod playable for folks of my ilk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilight wrote:
The fog of war??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
mkiefte wrote:
pilight wrote:

Mark
It's not that bad for me. One is usually darker than the other. I can usually remember which one is which.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls