Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are no immediate plans for having a quest/dungeon randomizer in place, will there be any plans for a quest editor, similar to the mission editor for Galaxy defenders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a quest/dungeon randomizer definitely out? I am still hoping that this is yet to appear as a stretch goal. Would be very cool to be able to go on a random dungeon romp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also strongly shouting for a random dungeonizer.

FYI a comment from the AskMeAnything thread:

Simone Romano wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:
Q2) Are there any scenarios with exploration? Where the map isn't preset?

Q3) Related to the previous one, will there be a variant system in place where we can randomly draw tiles and monsters, loot, traps, etc to play through a random map without using the campaign scenarios?

A2 - A3:
Not in the Core Set, we are working on a quest randomiser but we will release it ONLY when it will work very well and in a funny way, for the moment we prefer to have many cool and well designed quests instead of infinite boring semi-random quests, hope you will agree with us.
By the way swapping enemies is extremely simple now, thanks to the challenge level present on each enemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Both things are in planning, but they are not part of the KS, the dungeon randomiser is under development, but we will release it only IF and WHEN it will be able to offer you a nice and valid experience,
our idea is creating several types of quests (exploring, defending, search and delivery, boss fight) and then apply random tiles with enemies based on the starting soul rank of the heroes.
We will do our best, but we have to give priority to the KS project and all its contents first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
idea is creating several types of quests (exploring, defending, search and delivery, boss fight) and then apply random tiles with enemies based on the starting soul rank of the heroes.
We will do our best, but we have to give priority to the KS project and all its contents first

great to hear this! Have you considered doing something like Friese's 504? Like: Combine backstory (that could also set the enemy types in play, while Soulrank coul determine the colors of those enemies used), goal of the scenario (basically the types you listed) and extra rules or something. I think that might make for an exceptional randomizer -- and would thus fit an exceptional game! Thanks so much for creating all the good stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
... the dungeon randomiser is under development, but we will release it only IF and WHEN it will be able to offer you a nice and valid experience...

First off - thanks for taking this strategy. Rushing something out helps no one. Regardless of where people stand on wanting a random dungeon element, I think we can all agree with your approach. It's refreshing to see this.

Simone Romano wrote:

Again, I applaud this strategy. All too often we see Kickstarter creators bite off more than they can chew by offering additional, unplanned, KS content because some set of fans have a "good idea". Stay focussed on what matters, note elements that make good post-KS add-on content, and simply don't get distracted from the mission.

You guys are doing great, Simone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
Hello,
Both things are in planning, but they are not part of the KS, the dungeon randomiser is under development, but we will release it only IF and WHEN it will be able to offer you a nice and valid experience,
our idea is creating several types of quests (exploring, defending, search and delivery, boss fight) and then apply random tiles with enemies based on the starting soul rank of the heroes.

Thanks for you reply. One more question tho - how do you plan to release such an expansion (if ever)? PDF on the webpage? App? Part of a possible future KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Simone Romano wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for you reply. One more question tho - how do you plan to release such an expansion (if ever)? PDF on the webpage? App? Part of a possible future KS?

App will be my first choice but there are some costs behind so dunno, other possibility is rules and eventually some cards, in this case hopefully it will be published for free in the website and eventually printed as a sort of mini expansion, but to be honest it is not decided yet, as I said the first priority is creating a good game experience, by the way up to now you will have about 19 quests (hope even more before the end of the campaign)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah i know there are plenty of quests and given the experience with GD I bet that those 'are enough' gameplay.
However a (good) random generator would kinda set S&S apart from the other dungeoncrawls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A. Castro
Spain
Córdoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares Games, in the KS comments, 25 minutes ago:
#Quest editor - This is definitely a possibility and very likely to be added as a sg if the campaign result gives us the chance of adding one more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.