Subject: Krosmaster Quest Release rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I use free shipping as an excuse to buy more gamesMicrobadge: Minnesota Twins fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Northwestern UniversityMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fan
So this game looks awesome. I only recently came across it, but apparently it is being delayed? I almost pre ordered on CSI out of impulse, figuring it would be shipped within the next month or so but based on what I have read, that would not have been the case.

Is there any update to this? When could I get my hands on this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is pitch black.
badge
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Microbadge: I adore Gene Kelly - he's the most awesome dancer in the worldMicrobadge: Buster Keaton fanMicrobadge: Marx Brothers fan - HarpoMicrobadge: Silent Film fanMicrobadge: Cary Grant fan
It might be a month. The game exists; people bought it at Essen, but it doesn't seem to be on this continent yet.

Al we can say for sure is that we're closer to having it than we've ever been... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a tracking number for something arriving today from GLOBAL GAMES DISTRIBUTION. The last time I saw something coming from this company, it was the Krosmaster stuff I ordered during the Halloween sale. I don't know it's quest, but I have my fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
Microbadge: Oceans fanMicrobadge: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice fanMicrobadge: Raids fanMicrobadge: Is. Leave. Possible.Microbadge: Euphoria: Ignorance Is Bliss fan
quietcorn wrote:
I got a tracking number for something arriving today from GLOBAL GAMES DISTRIBUTION. The last time I saw something coming from this company, it was the Krosmaster stuff I ordered during the Halloween sale. I don't know it's quest, but I have my fingers crossed.
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add that when I log into the Japanime site, I don't see the preorder for Quest as having been shipped, so I really don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
Microbadge: Oceans fanMicrobadge: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice fanMicrobadge: Raids fanMicrobadge: Is. Leave. Possible.Microbadge: Euphoria: Ignorance Is Bliss fan
quietcorn wrote:
I should add that when I log into the Japanime site, I don't see the preorder for Quest as having been shipped, so I really don't know.
Well, i seem to recall that previous shipments from JAG have been labelled as from Global Games Dist, so I would be optimistic if I were you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly it wasn't quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gierlinger

Quincy
Illinois
msg tools
Quest is sitting in a warehouse in Europe if it ever ships is anyone's guest. Japanime games is doing their usual song and dance. That it was accidentally shipped there and now they are waiting on ankama to ship it these past several weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
Microbadge: I kick ass!Microbadge: If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college.Microbadge: I randomly answer questions in contests just for the microbadge.Microbadge: Spellcheck HandicappedMicrobadge: 200 yahoo boots f*** yahoo messenger how's want boots
sgierlinger wrote:
Quest is sitting in a warehouse in Europe if it ever ships is anyone's guest. Japanime games is doing their usual song and dance.
What should they do then? If they have no control over when Ankama actually ships it....what do you expect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
demondude777 wrote:
sgierlinger wrote:
Quest is sitting in a warehouse in Europe if it ever ships is anyone's guest. Japanime games is doing their usual song and dance.
What should they do then? If they have no control over when Ankama actually ships it....what do you expect?
Step one: Communicate with customers (edit: particulary those who pre-ordered eons ago)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
Microbadge: I kick ass!Microbadge: If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college.Microbadge: I randomly answer questions in contests just for the microbadge.Microbadge: Spellcheck HandicappedMicrobadge: 200 yahoo boots f*** yahoo messenger how's want boots
postm wrote:
demondude777 wrote:
sgierlinger wrote:
Step one: Communicate with customers (edit: particulary those who pre-ordered eons ago)
And say what? That they are still waiting for Ankama to send it to them? Or that they are waiting for Ankama to update them with a date they should get the game?

I am sure just as much as we are waiting for an update from JAG, that JAG is waiting for an update from Ankama. They can send notices saying, "Still waiting to receive the game", but by the fact that we haven't received it, and it is still a pre-order...that is just redundancy. I'd rather just wait until they hear again from Ankama as to what the plan will be.

I highly doubt we will see this game in 2015. I am expecting more around March - May of 2016. That is fine...I will deal with it. I have plenty of games to keep me busy until it comes out. And I haven't had a problem with JAG...so I am not worried.

In the end...it is just a game, not a necessity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:

And say what? That they are still waiting for Ankama to send it to them? Or that they are waiting for Ankama to update them with a date they should get the game?
Yep. Keeping lines of communication open lets people know that you're still thinking about and working on the problem. While it's great if you don't need that, every single human interaction throughout history shows that not doing that results in some humans being upset. It's much easier to spend 5 minutes/week writing a small update than dealing with the aftermath of people getting antsy from a lack of communication.

Quote:

I spent money on the game. Money is the only way I can pay for food and shelter. Food and shelter are necessities.

That argument is as ridiculous as the, "It's just a game, not a necessity" argument. People are allowed to get upset about things that aren't required for them to survive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
demondude777 wrote:

Yep. Keeping lines of communication open lets people know that you're still thinking about and working on the problem. While it's great if you don't need that, every single human interaction throughout history shows that not doing that results in some humans being upset. It's much easier to spend 5 minutes/week writing a small update than dealing with the aftermath of people getting antsy from a lack of communication.

Quote:

I spent money on the game. Money is the only way I can pay for food and shelter. Food and shelter are necessities.

That argument is as ridiculous as the, "It's just a game, not a necessity" argument. People are allowed to get upset about things that aren't required for them to survive.
When you take someone's money and promise to do something, then don't do it, one batch email a month regarding ETA is not too much to expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I use free shipping as an excuse to buy more gamesMicrobadge: Minnesota Twins fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Northwestern UniversityMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fan
Yeah I totally agree.

Watch this everyone.

"We are sorry to inform you all that there still is no update on the status of Krosmaster Quest."

Wow that took me forever to write...

But for those of you who have preordered the game, wouldnt that simple sentence make you feel at least a little less upset?

I have the same issue with a game I am supporting on kickstarter. The guy running the kick starter was giving weekly updates, then all the sudden goes KIA for 3 months! Then finally gives this long contrived message essentially saying that they were switching out printers and that the game would be delayed at least 60-90 days...

I 100% understand unexpected things happen and things get delayed, but I do not understand how you can feel it is ok to ignore those who are financially invested in your product. People are way too forgiving about this sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Gierlinger

Quincy
Illinois
msg tools
The problem is when you ask Japanime Games whats going on they say they are waiting for Ankama.

When you ask Ankama whats going on they say they are waiting for Japanime Games.

So one of these two companies is lying and full of crap.

As Japanime games has a history of buggering up shipping and not following through on their word which of the two do you think I think is telling the truth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not going to say that JapanimeGames is innocent, but Ankama is the worst company I have ever seen - terrible customer support (waiting the refund and missed items more than 3 months from them), poor quality and lack of testing (obvious bugs in each version of Krosmaster Online), continuous delays (quest, duel pack 3, Piwate map, you may name any release and it was delayed and their promises was broken).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgierlinger wrote:
The problem is when you ask Japanime Games whats going on they say they are waiting for Ankama.

When you ask Ankama whats going on they say they are waiting for Japanime Games.

As Japanime games has a history of buggering up shipping and not following through on their word which of the two do you think I think is telling the truth.

What would Anakama be waiting on Japanime for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
sgierlinger wrote:

Payment.

With the Halloween fire sale, I can easily imagine a scenario where JAG needed a quick infusion of cash to pay for the inventory.

That's speculation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stone
United States
Hampton
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At LEAST one! angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Mandor wrote:
sgierlinger wrote:

Payment.

With the Halloween fire sale, I can easily imagine a scenario where JAG needed a quick infusion of cash to pay for the inventory.

That's speculation.
The only time we see such a large discount percentage is when a game is dead. It doesn't seem like Krosmaster is dead, so your speculation makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark camp
United States
Lesser Binghamton Area
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. . . the Halloween sale was pretty much things that have been declared out of print, season 1 and 2 stuff. The base game terrain and mob tokens were not marked down, neither were the playmats. I take it as clearing the warehouse of inventory that's no longer being produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But season 3 and other new stuff was on sale. I'm guessing the reason season 1 tokens and terrain were not on sale was they had more limited quantities on hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls