United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out My Games!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
In TheBeastsOfWar playthrough video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygBGc2sDdM) at around 23:12, the Overlord plays a '1 Extra Command' card to give himself 3 commands. He takes the 3 commands THEN does a Raise Dead to raise a skeleton.

Should he have done this?

Note: The Overlord is actually a person from Mantic games themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nickydude wrote:
In TheBeastsOfWar playthrough video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ygBGc2sDdM) at around 23:12, the Overlord plays a '1 Extra Command' card to give himself 3 commands. He takes the 3 commands THEN does a Raise Dead to raise a skeleton.

Should he have done this?

Note: The Overlord is actually a person from Mantic games themselves.
Raise Dead is a command so he appears to have taken an extra action. He did not appear to know the game very well if you watch all the videos and I actually suggested to Jake on his blog that he should watch them and take notes about he mistakes as a prelude to a FAQ. I also remember in one of the videos someone moving and then using a feat which is not allowed. The feat is your total action so you can only move if it specifically says so. I made that mistake myself playing the alpha rules last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, raise dead is a command. But note that it counts as activating that model, so if you raise dead, you can't then use a command to have the model move or shoot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out My Games!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's a command but is it an extra action that can be taken as well as the maximum actions the Overlord can take? Say the Overlord had 2 actions then moved 2 enemies and chose not to play any Overlord cards. Can he then take an extra action to Raise Dead? I didn't think you could do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
Nickydude wrote:
I know it's a command but is it an extra action that can be taken as well as the maximum actions the Overlord can take? Say the Overlord had 2 actions then moved 2 enemies and chose not to play any Overlord cards. Can he then take an extra action to Raise Dead? I didn't think you could do that.
No you must spend a command point to raise dead. It is INSTEAD of activating another monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're all assuming that the player got the rule wrong, and not that the rulebook was misprinted. At this point, I'd give it about 50/50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krztoff wrote:
You're all assuming that the player got the rule wrong, and not that the rulebook was misprinted. At this point, I'd give it about 50/50.
Don't be such a rascal.

It's all explained very clearly on page XXX
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lockwood
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:
krztoff wrote:
Don't be such a rascal.

It's all explained very clearly on page XXX
Bravo! Made me laugh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Welcome to the Dream, Hunter!Microbadge: Folklore fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Geek Regular
snigger snigger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out My Games!
badge