Elijah Snow
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says "A player who is down to zero Rage cannot perform any action on their turn, not even an action that costs zero Rage."

You can still participate in a battle ensuing from another player's attempt to pillage though, and with Loki's Trickery ("If you lose, steal 1 Rage from the winning player.") you can get back up to 1 Rage. Can you then perform actions again?

We played it this way so far, but it makes Loki's Trickery even more powerful, and the intent might have been that once you hit zero Rage, you cannot perform any further actions, even if you do gain Rage again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Planetary wrote:
The rulebook says "A player who is down to zero Rage cannot perform any action on their turn, not even an action that costs zero Rage."

You can still participate in a battle ensuing from another player's attempt to pillage though, and with Loki's Trickery ("If you lose, steal 1 Rage from the winning player.") you can get back up to 1 Rage. Can you then perform actions again?

We played it this way so far, but it makes Loki's Trickery even more powerful, and the intent might have been that once you hit zero Rage, you cannot perform any further actions, even if you do gain Rage again.
If you get Rage back, you can start to take actions again.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not have rage, you can't perform any actions... except answering the call to battle.

If after the battle you have rage again, you are free to spend it as you see fit. You can, therefore, make new actions that require rage or other actions that do not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook p14 wrote:
If you cannot take an action, or do not wish to, you can
choose to pass. However, when you pass, you lose all your
remaining Rage and can take no further actions.
This paragraph made us think that you do not get to use that Rage if you have already had to pass on a turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeOP wrote:
Rulebook p14 wrote:
If you cannot take an action, or do not wish to, you can
choose to pass. However, when you pass, you lose all your
remaining Rage and can take no further actions.
This paragraph made us think that you do not get to use that Rage if you have already had to pass on a turn.
Thank you for pointing that out. I interpreted the rule the same as you (well, not much interpretation to do - it literally says a player who has passed can take no further actions). That may be a case of unfortunate wording if the intent is for players to be able to resume taking actions after passing due to 0 rage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the intention of that paragraph is to indicate that if you pass you lose all your rage and to then remind you that if you that if you have no rage, you can't take any more actions.

In other words, it's not the act of passing that prevents you from taking further actions, it because if you pass, you lose all your rage, and therefore you can't take any actions.

However, if after passing (and losing your rage), you were to gain rage back again, you would be free to take an action, or Pass.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch It Played wrote:
I believe the intention of that paragraph is to indicate that if you pass you lose all your rage and to then remind you that if you that if you have no rage, you can't take any more actions.

In other words, it's not the act of passing that prevents you from taking further actions, it because if you pass, you lose all your rage, and therefore you can't take any actions.

However, if after passing (and losing your rage), you were to gain rage back again, you would be free to take an action, or Pass.
I will definitely defer to your judgement on this one given that 1) you distinctly covered this possibility in your video, and no one corrected you on it; 2) I believe you've actually played the game with Eric Lang; and 3) I owe it to you after the stunning defeat I delivered to you in Concordia. whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also Thiago has confirmed that you can act again once you gain some more rage.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakaku, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeOP wrote:
Rulebook p14 wrote:
If you cannot take an action, or do not wish to, you can
choose to pass. However, when you pass, you lose all your
remaining Rage and can take no further actions.
This paragraph made us think that you do not get to use that Rage if you have already had to pass on a turn.
I like to think that rules mean what they say, because the writers of rules understand the need for clarity. An 'and therefore' might have made what seems clear enough clearer, but if rage were not the defining issue, then it would say 'when you pass, you can take no further action'.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
Watch It Played wrote:
I believe the intention of that paragraph is to indicate that if you pass you lose all your rage and to then remind you that if you that if you have no rage, you can't take any more actions.

In other words, it's not the act of passing that prevents you from taking further actions, it because if you pass, you lose all your rage, and therefore you can't take any actions.

However, if after passing (and losing your rage), you were to gain rage back again, you would be free to take an action, or Pass.
I will definitely defer to your judgement on this one given that 1) you distinctly covered this possibility in your video, and no one corrected you on it; 2) I believe you've actually played the game with Eric Lang; and 3) I owe it to you after the stunning defeat I delivered to you in Concordia. whistle
Ah Sergio, we will do battle at the table again, I have no doubt!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls