Subject: Alternatives for theme track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Hi. In the New Edition of the game There is a link to a theme track from the Asmodee Homepage. I like the track, but it keeps on looping again and again... Does someone have a Suggestion or link for a free alternative theme? Are you using music while playing Mysterium? Greetings, Enroth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Ogden
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During my recent games, I used this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2P981_4rQ

I Google searched for "Mysterium Soundtrack" and found this...though, I don't think it actually was created for the game, it worked really well and lasts almost 80 minutes.

Edit: Further research looks like it's associated with a PC game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This youtube video is a decent alternative!

Although it is real easy to right-click/save-as on the one through Asmodee and put the mp3 file on a CD to keep in the box with the game. It is one continuous "song" about 1 hour long so not sure what the loop issue is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim "Dad vs Daughter" Bresnan
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used the one from the Asmodee link in both of our play through shows. Really just ambient background noise that's a little creepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Avery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:

Although it is real easy to right-click/save-as on the one through Asmodee and put the mp3 file on a CD to keep in the box with the game. It is one continuous "song" about 1 hour long so not sure what the loop issue is.

I think the issue is that it isn't a 1 hour track, it's a far shorter track that repeats several times in the recording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
Cordwangle wrote:
mrranch wrote:

I think the issue is that it isn't a 1 hour track, it's a far shorter track that repeats several times in the recording.

Thats right. Actually, the theme track only consists of 2 tracks wich are only some minutes long and which are repeated multiple times to get to the total play time of 50+ minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I weren't using the regular theme track on repeat, the albums from my collection I'd use would be:

- Bram Stoker's Dracula score, by Wojciech Kilar (minus the Annie Lennox credits track)
- Penny Dreadful score, by Abel Korzeniowski
- Ghosts, Llewellyn

Those can all be found on YouTube. The scores are moody/brooding. The Llewellyn album is new age and more ethereal than brooding. Different mood but still fitting (plus, bagpipes in track 4--for that Scottish castle).

Anyway, those are the ones I'd use if I wasn't using the regular theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Swinkels
Belgium
Webbekom
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The opening title of the film "The Ninth Gate" fits as well... Too short for one game though, so will need to create a "Mysterium" collection on Spotify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually play 'the fourth - cthulhu soundtrack' which fits pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nox Arcana has several excellent musical scores available for purchase on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Piccoli
Argentina
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent recommendations.

I'll add "The Vanishing of Ethan Carter OST" You can find it in Spotify. It's excellent for this game. Recently finished the videogame and loved the music. The subject is similar (a paranormal investigator walking through crime scenes using perception of visions to reconstruct the facts).

Let me know if you try it and how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maynor
United States
Peachtree City
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just going to drop this here......

http://www.midnightsyndicate.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rouleau
United States
Pennsauken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We like to use the "Twilight of Terror" Disney attraction background music. You can find a playlist of it on youtube. It takes place roughly in the same time period of the game, so the music they use fits well. They modified the music to give it an echo and a bit of distortion to make it sound like it's coming from beyond the veil. It worked perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drtaco wrote:
We like to use the "Twilight of Terror" Disney attraction background music. You can find a playlist of it on youtube. It takes place roughly in the same time period of the game, so the music they use fits well. They modified the music to give it an echo and a bit of distortion to make it sound like it's coming from beyond the veil. It worked perfect.

Link? My search show tons of short clips, but can't find the one you suggest is timeframe of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rouleau
United States
Pennsauken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, first off it would help if I called the ride by the actual name. "Tower of Terror" is the correct name.

Here is a youtube link https://youtu.be/zJTMi0RZK44?list=PLA073AD8C1E779F8A

To be clear, what I meant by period of the game is that they both take place roughly in the 1920's. Some of the music from the ride is more 30's and 40's but it's close enough.

There are 20 tracks there roughly 3.5 minutes each. That works out to about 70 minutes, and you can put it on repeat if you had to. Our games took longer than the "42" minutes because as the ghost I was a bit lenient on time.

Fair warning, as of June 28 2016 that link works, but who knows if they will get shut down or delete their account. If the link doesn't work, just look for "Tower Of Terror Queue Music" somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dos Santos
United States
Hallandale
Florida
flag msg tools
Played for the first time last weekend and loved it. Originally was going to use the official soundtrack, but ended up using music from the old cult TV series, "Dark Shadows" which worked perfectly with all its gothic, seance/ghost creepiness. There are even tracks with old gramophone music from the 1890's which fit the era the murders happened in. I think the Mysterium official soundtrack would actually work great with Dark Moon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think Philip Glass' score to CANDYMAN works pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8M7uCFH1Q

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMadMime wrote:
I think Philip Glass' score to CANDYMAN works pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8M7uCFH1Q

It's a good suggestions but I think it would make it hard for me to think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.