Subject: [DEAL OVER] - [TARGET] B2G1 All Board Games, week of November 8th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to stay up on a few different boards as they relate to gaming deals and such... And caught one that's not being talked about much for next week.

There's a lot of talk about Target doing B2G1 on their video games... But on the front page of the ad, it also shows the same type of deal applies to their board games as well (to be clear, this is not a mix and match between board/video games, but each category separately). I know there's a 25% off coupon active here for Target right now, but this seems like an even better deal. Hopefully they'll get some of the good titles restocked before next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [TARGET] B2G1 All Board Games, week of November 8th
They had the B2G1 promotion a little while back, before they dropped prices on a few big names like Pandemic and King of Tokyo. I'm curious to see if they will be in stock, and if so what price they will be. Getting three copies of Pandemic for $35 would be killer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lajoie
msg tools
So this would start on Saturday, the 8th and continue until the 15th?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffLajoie wrote:
So this would start on Saturday, the 8th and continue until the 15th?
The 8th is Sunday; it would be Sunday through Saturday, the 8th through the 14th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up OP. Looking at the amount of relatively popular games that have simply vanished (not out of stock but gone completely) from the Target site make me think that this is going to be an aggravating sale for a lot of people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Wingspan fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Thames & Kosmos "Legends of Andor" Contest participantMicrobadge: University of MemphisMicrobadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Anniversary Edition
it depends...example

7 wonders at the moment the price cost around $25 online but if they are going to charge like 40 bucks or anything like the retail price like what i saw at my local target towards the b2g1 deal then it's totally not worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
Thanks for the heads up OP. Looking at the amount of relatively popular games that have simply vanished (not out of stock but gone completely) from the Target site make me think that this is going to be an aggravating sale for a lot of people.

I feel like the sale could be worth it if you buy Mage Knight + Eclipse + some other $60 thing. Basically just keep things in the $50-$60 range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not holding my breath here, but I've seen chains like this "hold back" stock before a really big sale, to ensure that they have reasonable supply. A chain as big as Target realizes that if they run this sale and have nothing available, they're going to piss off a lot of customers, and that can actually be damaging to general consumer perception of them.

As I said, I'm not holding my breath, but I would really like to snag a copy of Imperial Assault on sale for a good price. I keep seeing deals on expansions, but the core game never seems to budge. Not sure what other titles I might want, but I'm sure I would figure something out -or get some Christmas shopping done that way, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Target has basically run a "big/decent" sale every week for the past couple of weeks. Lots of stuff that has gone out of stock and a quick search of the site shows a lot of stuff (Marvel Legendary, Smash Up and all expansions, Takenoko, Formula D) no long show up in the system at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
Target has basically run a "big/decent" sale every week for the past couple of weeks. Lots of stuff that has gone out of stock and a quick search of the site shows a lot of stuff (Marvel Legendary, Smash Up and all expansions, Takenoko, Formula D) no long show up in the system at all.
Actually, that's not entirely true. Or really, at all.

Allow me to explain -Target's site automatically de-lists items from it's internal search results which are out of stock both online and in a majority of stores. I have observed this with other products which the chain did indeed continue to stock and carry. It appears to be an algorithm which hides the product internally based on lack of online stock, and assumedly the total quantity available in stores nationwide -meaning that if they aren't confident that most consumers can find the item in reasonable proximity, they didn't display it up front.

However, these games (just like other products I have observed before) can still be found within Target's website as "Out of Stock" -a different status from items the company no longer intends to restock. Run a google search for one of these games with "Target" in the search before it (yes, quotes and all, it's called boolean searching). You will find that some of these titles (not all) are still listed, and simply unavailable. Seeing that Target typically has a different status for discontinued items and items that are no longer carried, it's a reasonable conclusion that these games either will come back in Stock, or that some stock may have been removed from the system or 'on hold' for future availability either during a big sale or for holiday shopping. Numerous chain retailers do this: Amazon, Gamestop, and others.

Its no guarantee, but it's reasonable evidence that Target is still carrying/restocking these products, with some chance of them being available next week or subsequently. In the case of Target it wouldn't be surprising based upon how much I've seen scalpers taking advantage (buying out all the product a week or two in advance of the sale, then returning to get the discount retroactively as the sale starts).

Don't get your hopes up, but don't assume it's a bust either. My apologies if that was a lengthy explanation, I'm a big data scraper and analyst, so... I can be very detail and pattern oriented, haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
^
100% true, but during previous sales out of stock items could still be found by browsing for titles, that is no longer the case.

They used to be flagged as out of stock and would exist outside of price ranges (i.e. filtering low to high, all of the out of stock games would be beyond the most expensive games regardless of last price).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you be able to mix video games and board games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Law
United States
Huntington Beach
CA
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I practice Random Acts of KindnessMicrobadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: Tennis playerMicrobadge: I play with red!
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Will you be able to mix video games and board games?
It says in the original post that you can't mix and match…

TheHandsomeDan wrote:
this is not a mix and match between board/video games, but each category separately).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Wingspan fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Thames & Kosmos "Legends of Andor" Contest participantMicrobadge: University of MemphisMicrobadge: Lucky Owner of a War of the Ring Anniversary Edition
Well i just snagged a copy of 7 Wonders for 18 bucks....if the b2g1 thing is still on Sunday and 7 Wonders is still 20% off on the current sale then i might pick up one and return the one i just order today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely on. The ad scans have been popping up everywhere. The real question is whether anything good will be in Stock. Looks like they've got plenty of the bread and butter titles like Catan and Carcassonne, but might not be so easy getting much else. I'm probably going to settle for Star Wars Risk, Catan and... Maybe X-wing? Not sure what to do as the third...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
It's definitely on. The ad scans have been popping up everywhere. The real question is whether anything good will be in Stock. Looks like they've got plenty of the bread and butter titles like Catan and Carcassonne, but might not be so easy getting much else. I'm probably going to settle for Star Wars Risk, Catan and... Maybe X-wing? Not sure what to do as the third...
If you want those games and haven't already used the 25% + 10% off wishlist app stacking coupon codes, it would be cheaper to buy them now rather than wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not in an area that's convenient to physical locations, I don't think the wishlist discount works online, unless I'm mistaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bell
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
I'm not in an area that's convenient to physical locations, I don't think the wishlist discount works online, unless I'm mistaken?
It does. It gives you something like a 12 character alpha code for the coupon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cook
United States
Spanaway
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What coupon codes are those? I don't regularly shop at target let alone target.com. What do I need to do to get these discounts and will they possibly stack with the b2g1 next week? Thanks for the heads up and help in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
sponkey21 wrote:
What coupon codes are those? I don't regularly shop at target let alone target.com. What do I need to do to get these discounts and will they possibly stack with the b2g1 next week? Thanks for the heads up and help in advance!
25% off : BESTGIFT

10% off : Get the Target Kid's Wishlist app, make a wishlist and you should see a coupon code offer.

The 25% off definitely expires today, but I'm not sure about the 10% because I already used it and can't see if there is an expiration date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Lo
United States
West Memphis
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Nope the 10% coupon expires Nov 25 i believe.

I just question if games like 7 Wonders will still have the current 20% off tag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sales on, but they raised the price on some stuff that I could spot. Same rules as always. The best deal is three games with the exact same price. 10% off Wishlist app coupon is still in play.

Pandemic is up to $23 -- Up from the low of $19 earlier last week but down from $30 that it was the last couple of days.

Dominion is up to $28 -- Up from $22.

Catan Junior is up to $27 -- Up from $22.

King of Tokyo is up to $26.49 -- Up from $22.

7 Wonders is up to $32 -- Up from $25.

Ticket to Ride is up to $40 -- Up from $32.

Update: BestGift coupon code doesn't work ... it was worth a shot. Also for those video game inclined the code TGTE2RSY gets you $5 off $50, but no it does not work on board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
msg tools
Can't find anything of real interest to me. I'd like to nab Exploding Kittens (both versions) but although I've seen it in stores, it doesn't appear to be on their site.

Just once I'd like to see one of these sales include all the Dominion expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each time I add a game to the wishlist, it recommends I buy Jenga.

Pete (sighs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lajoie
msg tools
sale
The order I made last night (shadows over camelot, Suburbia. and Imperial Settlers) for ~$80

When I was making the order i was checking different items to see what would give a good deal. Ticket to Ride and 7 Wonders were still on sale price at the time AND qualified for the B2G1. I made the order at around 4AM EST though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |