War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Any news about the book from the an ed?.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I remeber there was some talk about it being made avalible without buying the an ed so any news?..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To help demystify future readers:

1. "the an ed" refers to the Anniversary Edition

2. "the book" refers to the hardcover strategy guide that comes with the Anniversary Edition

See: Ares Games' announcement of the Anniversary Release

(Sorry Mikael, I don't know anything.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still no actual news - but here's my thoughts about why we haven't heard anything.

As there are still a few copies of the AE left to sell (it didn't sell out in 2 weeks as some people imagined it would), this may have delayed any announcement.

I can't imagine they would mention the fact that you may be able to buy the book, board etc. separately while the AE is still for sale. This could prevent sales of the AE package, which is based on containing exclusive (so far) limited edition items.

At least they haven't said that they won't be selling the book on it's own - so there is hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
(it didn't sell out in 2 weeks as some people imagined it would)
Two weeks? Some around here predicted it would sell out in two minutes.

I bought one but hope the guide will be available in some form for folks who aren't able to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ on Ares website:
faq wrote:
We are currently asking permission to the licensor, Middle-earth Enterprises, to offer some of the contents as individual items. Our license is limited to board games, and does not include other items. Pending approval, we hope that we'll be able to offer the slipcase with the two volumes, and possibly the game boards, for separate purchase. We will definitely not sell the painted miniatures separately from the rest. We don't expect a final answer on this topic for a few days, so please don't make your purchasing decision based on these considerations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Anniversary Edition is far out of my budget. But, I'd love the larger map and the AE book. Has there been any recent and/or final news one way or the other about whether these will be available outside of the anniversary edition itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls