1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: How many games are on your Amazon wish list? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geek And Geekability
msg tools
mb
I'm currently sitting at 22 games and expansions (not including R2D2 bop it or the 7 wonders Catan board)

It honestly would have been more but we ordered Codenames and Mysterium last week.....
(and before I catch flak for it, I checked with our FLGS first and none of them had them in stock)

Please, make me feel better about my board game shopping problem and tell me that you all have just as many (or more) on your lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
About 400 or so, including expansions. Closer to 300 without.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mav
United Kingdom
Wellingborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
somewhere around 50 I guess.

I mainly use mine to allow others to know what I still want come Christmas and Birthdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep mine at 30, but that's just so as not to overwhelm anyone who might be buying for me. My BGG wishlist is over 100 and more accurate I guess, although the Amazon wishlist does include expansions I really want whereas i never put those on BGG wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
~30 need to get and about the same "like to have if I had more money."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't use Amazon very often. However, there are 405 games and expansions on my CSI wish list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hillis
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sitting at 6. I try to keep most of my wishlist here on the Geek and only put a few games on amazon, usually the ones I want more and that are right around $30. This makes it easier when people want to buy gifts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe about 15. I have a very narrow genre list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel L
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the BGG wishlist, and currently have 35 on there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geek And Geekability
msg tools
mb
Thanks for responding! You all made me feel much better about my own list . Most of my family that shops off of my list for Christmas and the like aren't big gamers so it may look odd to them. My husband, on the other hand, keeps telling me to add more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon does not come close to packaging games well enough for me to consider them much of a retailer of board games.

I have 7 serious wish list items none of which are currently in stock. 14 medium serious picks and 25 total wish list items. Nothing but the 7 serious picks are very likely to get bought without watching preferably a lot of rahdo videos. A few of those picks are just expansions.

All 25 are listed on bgg here under the wonderfully fun to misuse wish list system that has allowed me to tell all, but most importantly myself (who could never remember otherwise), about specifically all of the games I am not interested in buying. It has been very helpful and has saved a lot of my time and improved my organization level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
I don't use Amazon very often. However, there are 405 games and expansions on my CSI wish list.

Mine got rather low so I started tossing anything and everything back onto it. It is back down to 14 items. Granted, it is easy to have large list when you play Netrunner and SW:IA.

EDIT: Amazon is at 42 vastly due to using it with camelcamelcamel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoddart
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
None, because Amazon Canada's prices are usually ridiculous so I don't bother using it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
7, but only because Amazon.co.uk no longer provides free shipping to Finland, so I never order from there anymore, and thus also don't update the wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably 150 or so, I use it since CamelCamelCamel doesn't always seem to catch things. And then on the Camel, I've got about 2000 to track prices on.

It's a wish list just for my tracking prices, though, I've already told my wife to never buy me anything from it, because not everything's on there because I want it.

Side note on the packing.. I've made 358 orders from them in the last several years. Each order was 1 to 10 or so items, usually in the 3-5 range. I'd say at least 40% of those have been games, probably closer to 70%. I've had one game with a hole punched in the side (it was a hole that punched through the box and the packing, so it got dropped or something), and one deck of Netrunner cards arrive with a corner dent (I don't keep the boxes to the data packs anyway, but it was damage). Every issue's been taken care of immediately, and everything else has come through just fine. When you're talking about 500 items or so, that's a pretty good record for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon? Zero.

CSI? 40, but 11 of those are related to X-Wing miniatures - and all of which I've so far managed to avoid purchasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a better question is how many of my BGG wishlist is even on Amazon. The answer is 5...out of 115.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15 + about 7-10 Star Fleet Battles modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geek And Geekability
msg tools
mb
I'm surprised about the packing comments. We've never had an issue with an item from Amazon being damaged.

And typically we find things on their site that our FLGS doesn't carry (though we only have 2 small stores in our city and I don't think particularly highly of either one)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeekAndGeekability wrote:
I'm surprised about the packing comments. We've never had an issue with an item from Amazon being damaged.

And typically we find things on their site that our FLGS doesn't carry (though we only have 2 small stores in our city and I don't think particularly highly of either one)

Mine come from Amazon quite often in a white box with no packing as it is usually just one game at a time in my order there. That was never cool with me. Let's say it makes it that time. There will be a time it don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
darkestoceans wrote:
GeekAndGeekability wrote:

Mine come from Amazon quite often in a white box with no packing as it is usually just one game at a time in my order there. That was never cool with me. Let's say it makes it that time. There will be a time it don't.

Probably area-related, maybe they're not as uniform a corporation as it would seem. My Amazon orders are always in a standard brown box with tons of those inflatable things that my kid loves to stomp on at 6-7 in the morning before I get up for work. They're almost always from Nevada or California.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zero.

I've only ever purchased one game from Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kingston
United Kingdom
Beddington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
78 games and expansions plus another 7 that still aren't listed on .Co.uk yet. I don't assume I'm going to buy them all but it helps stop me buying everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Die Mondkuh
Germany
Wald-Michelbach
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one game on my amazon wich list. And it's only there because it I found it some night at 3 a.m. and I was too tired to search it on boardgamegeek.
It's still there, I don't know, it survived there somehow. Normally I only use the amazon wishlist for books.

I have a lot of games I want, but I collect them here on boardgamegeek. When someone wants to know what I want for christmas or birthday, they get the amazon book list link and the boardgame link

I don't know how good amazon is in other countries, but I have a nice little game shop nearby and they often have the same prices as amazon has, sometimes they are cheaper. And I like to support local shops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
0. I have 2 on my wishlistr, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.