Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Post KS Availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools

So I like to play a lot of games and sadly am not independently wealthy yet :). This makes me have to make a lot of game budgeting decisions.

I am currently backing Scythe on kickstarter, but am trying to get accurate information on what is going to be available after the kickstarter ends. This helps me figure out what I am able to pledge for at this time.

Here is what I came up with as far as what will be available after the kickstarter ends. If anyone sees anything that is incorrect please let me know.

Versions of the game available after KS ends:

- Retail Version (basically the same as the KS normal version without some promo items) - Will be available for preorder after KS and widely available upon actual game release (I believe the MSRP is around $80)

- Premium edition (will not be available post KS except for individuals or stores selling copies they backed on KS)

- Collector’s edition (will not be available post KS except for individuals or stores selling copies they backed on KS)

- Art Connoisseur edition (will not be available post KS except for individuals or stores selling copies they backed on KS)

Game accessories:

- Realistic Resource Token set (can be preordered after KS via SMG website for $25)

- Wooden Resource Token set (can be preordered after KS via SMG website for $12)

- Metal Coins set (can be preordered after KS via SMG website for $25)

- Game board extension (can be preordered after KS via SMG website for $10)

- KS promo items pack (6 Factory cards, 4 encounter cards, 4 objective cards, and 3 power dials) (can be preordered after KS via SMG website for $15)

- Art Book (can be preordered after KS via SMG website for $25)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Ford Mustang fanMicrobadge: Magic Realm redesign fanMicrobadge: I have crafted Magic Realm
I think you have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Looks right. In his email sent out to backers as well, he said that

"...we treat our entire Kickstarter campaign like a long early bird reward, which means that of 8:00 pm CST on Thursday, all prices for Scythe pre-orders will significantly increase for everyone (backers and non-backers alike)."

$80 sounds about right for fitting that "significant increase" he's talking about. Usually early birds are $10 or so cheaper than the kickstarter, and the kickstarter is usually cheaper than retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools

Cool. I wonder how long the game accessories will be available for preorder on the SMG website and also how long the preorder prices will stay at the ones listed above?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: STL Pieces fanMicrobadge: Golden Image UploaderMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier Games
T: Thanks for posting that list! You can actually see all pre-order prices here on our website: https://shop-staging.trycelery.com/page/scythe

Keep in mind that they don't include shipping.

We'll keep the pre-order online until around March or April, as that's when we ship everything to fulfillment centers worldwide. Though we will select the final quantities for production in the next few weeks, so there are limits to all of those items for pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brazen
msg tools
Microbadge: Death Note fanMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Starship Samurai fanMicrobadge: Fallout: New Vegas fanMicrobadge: Metal Gear fan
Speshalke wrote:

"...we treat our entire Kickstarter campaign like a long early bird reward, which means that of 8:00 pm CST on Thursday, all prices for Scythe pre-orders will significantly increase for everyone (backers and non-backers alike)."

$80 sounds about right for fitting that "significant increase" he's talking about. Usually early birds are $10 or so cheaper than the kickstarter, and the kickstarter is usually cheaper than retail.
Are you saying if I backed it right now I'd have to pay more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mangekyo wrote:
Speshalke wrote:

The prices are the same for everyone until the KS is over tomorrow. You won't have to pay more until after the KS is over. If you wait until the KS is over, then you will pay the higher price.

Some KS have pledge managers that allow people to pledge after the KS is over and at the KS prices, but SG isn't using a pledge manager for people to be able to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Guild Argentina - MiembroMicrobadge: Torneo YucataMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Geek Regular
Hahma wrote:
Mangekyo wrote:
Speshalke wrote:

The prices are the same for everyone until the KS is over tomorrow. You won't have to pay more until after the KS is over. If you wait until the KS is over, then you will pay the higher price.

Some KS have pledge managers that allow people to pledge after the KS is over and at the KS prices, but SG isn't using a pledge manager for people to be able to do that.
And I forgot to pledge, so instead of paying $120 for a deluxe edition it would be $171 plus shipping

Edit: if anybody wants to sell their extra deluxe or connoisseur, let me know o.o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Who wants to play video games?Microbadge: Cthulhu For President!Microbadge: The owls are not what they seem...Microbadge: Doctor Who fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
leo_rockway wrote:
Hahma wrote:
Mangekyo wrote:
Speshalke wrote:

And I forgot to pledge, so instead of paying $120 for a deluxe edition it would be $171 plus shipping

Edit: if anybody wants to sell their extra deluxe or connoisseur, let me know o.o
Same! Work crushed me this week. Damn! Wanted that $99 tier quite a bit. Love premium components, but there is no way I'm going to frankenstein it together for twice as much. And anything less will be impossible for me to enjoy, knowing the resource tokens and coins I could have had. I backed Euphoria and Viticulture/Tuscany, both at the Collector's tiers...this misstep is going to sting for weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: Level 16 BGG posterMicrobadge: Automa Factory fan
JJRR_Esq wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:
Hahma wrote:
Mangekyo wrote:
Speshalke wrote:

Same! Work crushed me this week. Damn! Wanted that $99 tier quite a bit. Love premium components, but there is no way I'm going to frankenstein it together for twice as much. And anything less will be impossible for me to enjoy, knowing the resource tokens and coins I could have had. I backed Euphoria and Viticulture/Tuscany, both at the Collector's tiers...this misstep is going to sting for weeks.
Do you have the Stonemaier treasure chests? If so then you already have the realistic resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: Ford Mustang fanMicrobadge: Magic Realm redesign fanMicrobadge: I have crafted Magic Realm
leo_rockway wrote:
NO! It's MINE! My own! My precioussss! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls