Popular Tags: [View All]
Senor EvilMonkey
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have many fond memories of playing this game when I was wee, and probably a few scars under my hair line too...
I saw a set for sale on eBay and it got me thinking, whatever happened to my Crossbows & Catapults?! Answer: the folks stole it away from me before someone got permanently injured...

The crossbows and catapults in the game are harmless, so parents have no fear! It's just that - well, what would start off as an accidental misfire would slowly escalate to all players forgetting about the castles and barbarian figures, and instead taking refuge behind the sofa and hurling plastic pucks at each other. If we had put a little more thought into it, I am sure we could have created a scoring system, where black-eyes or broken decor would translate into points, but we were generally too busy ducking or grabbing more ammo...

Or maybe it was just me and my hooligan friends who did this??? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Slack
msg tools
Heh. We (my brother, dad and friends) never played by the rules. We set each side up, then said "go!" and whoever knocked everything on the enemy's side over first won. It was far, far more amusing than the established rules.

And yeah, odds are someone got hit with all that shooting and scrambling for ammo "caroms" to reload.

Downside was getting overzealous and putting rubber bands that were too strong and breaking the crossbow and catapults. Broke the tail of the trojan horse, too. Weren't designed for rapid, repeated action. Which is a shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.