Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Dudley
United States
Westbrook
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the thread about wanting to feel kickass as a space marine but it got me to thinking so I tested a playthrough using a rather extreme house rule. Rather than three teams (solo play) of two marines each I went with six teams of one marine each. I have all the expansions so I had plenty to choose from. I went with Chaplain Raziel, Brother Raphean, Brother Leon, Brother Adron, Sergeant Zaltys and Librarian Menelauis. I also hand picked my location cards: Void Lock, Teleportarium, Wrath of Baal Chapel and Launch Control Room which seem to be considered by many to be the easiest set.

I am a casual player of Space Hulk and have never won a previous game. I have read through the lengthy PDF guide but as of yet have not motivated myself to put in the effort to get good at this game. Still, it has its appeal and can be masochistic fun, I guess. :-)

Well, let me tell you, if you really do want to be kickass then give my variant a try. Most turns I was clearing the area of genestealers. It was a wonderful blood bath. I did need the artefact to save one of my marines but generally I had this well under control. I had four support tokens on the control panel in the launch control room and rolled a 5 and I didn't even panic. I survived to the next round, rolled a 2 and all six marines returned home to family and friends. The swarms of genestealers weren't so lucky. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
So all six marines were able to perform their own actions, regardless of what any other marine was doing? I can imagine that the increased flexibility would result in more offense and a better ability to react. Interesting idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Dudley
United States
Westbrook
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and that meant Sergeant Zaltys was able to attack each round. It wasn't always his best option but it was nice to do on occasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls