Recommend
37 
 Thumb up
 Hide
57 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: New FFG star wars game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/11/3/star-wa...



22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So why hasn't anyone posted the obligatory "Take my money" image of Fry holding the cash? I know they'll be taking mine for this.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero of Time
United States
Cary
NC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
So why hasn't anyone posted the obligatory "Take my money" image of Fry holding the cash? I know they'll be taking mine for this.


I'll oblige


But seriously, WANT
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm certainly Sul-lusting after this!

EDIT: Sorry, I'm just Yavin' a laugh...
26 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gray Deth
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
omg, FFG, have some pity! (on my wallet)

the little deathstars got me...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't they just save themselves a lot of time and hassle and just print money?
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't follow the link right now, so I have no idea what it's supposedly going to play like beyond the pic. Doesn't quite look like Risk-like (ie. dudes on a map)... What does the FFG article say?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. Wake me when they announce Imperial Twilight.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
150 plastic miniatures... yeah, they might as well just skip the middleman and print money.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
Well, I'm certainly Sul-lusting after this!

EDIT: Sorry, I'm just Yavin' a laugh...


Na-boo!
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
UnluckyNumber wrote:
I can't follow the link right now, so I have no idea what it's supposedly going to play like beyond the pic. Doesn't quite look like Risk-like (ie. dudes on a map)... What does the FFG article say?


I could be off base, but it almost seems War of the Ring-like with its asymmetry. It sounds as if there is a strong sub-game of politics. You are right in that it does not seem like a Risk-like bash-fest where the strongest wins by military alone. But it sounds as if there are multiple paths to victory, perhaps with the Rebellion trying to survive the military crush of the Empire, while bringing the systems to their political view, thus bringing down the Empire. That is why I say it seems a bit WotR-like. If so, then it should be a blockbuster.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After skimming the news release, it seems reminiscent of the old PC game of the same name.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gray Deth
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
Well, I'm certainly Sul-lusting after this!

EDIT: Sorry, I'm just Yavin' a laugh...


np, we r2.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Phelps
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Great googly moogly!

150 detailed plastic miniatures?



I keep throwing my money at the computer screen, but nothing's happening!




14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh... 150 miniatures, but the characters are cardboard stand-ups. Also, the name of Corey K. on the box probably means it's yet another typical FGG bloated mess. I love Star Wars and plastic miniatures, but I can't say I'm excited for this release.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank McNally
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
now they just need to re-theme Freedom in the Galaxy as Star Wars.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to stow away this weekend so I can start playing when it's "On the Boat".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
So why hasn't anyone posted the obligatory "Take my money" image of Fry holding the cash? I know they'll be taking mine for this.


Or the "something something wallets cannot repel awesomeness of this magnitude...yadda yadda IT'S A TRAP!"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is already available for pre-order ($69) on CoolStuffInc with a Q1 2016 release date.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the more I ponder on it, the more this looks like a boardgame version of Star Wars: Empire at War - eerily so, actually.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Also, the more I ponder on it, the more this looks like a boardgame version of Star Wars: Empire at War - eerily so, actually.


Hopefully not so much like it that Imperials can win battles simply by pancaking Rebel troops in their four-wheelers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Also, the more I ponder on it, the more this looks like a boardgame version of Star Wars: Empire at War - eerily so, actually.


Go back and look at Star Wars: Rebellion - really looks like a direct grab from that one.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Also, the more I ponder on it, the more this looks like a boardgame version of Star Wars: Empire at War - eerily so, actually.

Actually, this description:
Quote:
...the Rebellion trying to survive the military crush of the Empire, while bringing the systems to their political view, thus bringing down the Empire.

makes it sound eerily like Freedom in the Galaxy
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Tadley
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:
UnluckyNumber wrote:
I can't follow the link right now, so I have no idea what it's supposedly going to play like beyond the pic. Doesn't quite look like Risk-like (ie. dudes on a map)... What does the FFG article say?


I could be off base, but it almost seems War of the Ring-like with its asymmetry. It sounds as if there is a strong sub-game of politics. You are right in that it does not seem like a Risk-like bash-fest where the strongest wins by military alone. But it sounds as if there are multiple paths to victory, perhaps with the Rebellion trying to survive the military crush of the Empire, while bringing the systems to their political view, thus bringing down the Empire. That is why I say it seems a bit WotR-like. If so, then it should be a blockbuster.


I was thinking more Middle-Earth Quest. Map has a similar vibe, and that is also an asymetric Corey K game. Although the dice are puzzling...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They're following the tried and true formula:

Start with a good game, then add Star Wars.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.