Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dickie Z
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mb
When is it releasing? I though it was expected to be released on 10/31/15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to GMT games!

The latest update on October 7th listed a tentative December production date: http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=328. If you set your expectations to February, you probably won't be too disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Z
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mb

Whaaa? December?

strathmeyer wrote:
Welcome to GMT games!

The latest update on October 7th listed a tentative December production date: http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=328. If you set your expectations to February, you probably won't be too disappointed.
shakeshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
mbmbmbmbmb
hobowire wrote:
When is it releasing? I though it was expected to be released on 10/31/15.
I believe we're still experiencing delays from the major port issues earlier this year. The focus on the TS CE is probably also moving things back. Take comfort in knowing that the game itself and the art are finished, though, so as soon as GMT gets an opening the game should be ready to go out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
[q="hobowire"]I believe we're still experiencing delays from the major port issues earlier this year.
Is this actually still a thing? I don't really know the logistics of it, but from a handful of games I've paid attention to, it doesn't seem like there's much of a hold up.

Mysterium and Fury of Dracula both hit distribution on time, prior to Halloween (which I assume was their plan).

If it was a delay of a few weeks, I'd think it's a port issue. But 3 months (and counting?), to me, seems more like a GMT/production issue.

I actually kind of hope it gets pushed back to January, because my pre-order is part of a larger order that is currently being held up. If I know it won't be available by Christmas, I can move LoD into a separate order (that I'd place after Christmas) and release the rest of the old order, so that I'd at least have the other games in time for the holidays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Pradon
France
Champs
Auvergne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The logistical problems for GMT doesn't seems strange for me : the shipped quantities are important for logistical purpose. The fact is a game like LIberty or Death is produced in very low quantity so if there's, even few days of late due to production issues, they can miss a container and maybe even a boat : delaying the shipping from what can be a very long time.

Less you produce, less you weight on your logistical process.

But maybe it doesn't explain all : they may have production issues...

One think I have learned with board games and wargames...don't count on the planning

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ppradon wrote:
The logistical problems for GMT doesn't seems strange for me : the shipped quantities are important for logistical purpose. The fact is a game like LIberty or Death is produced in very low quantity so if there's, even few days of late due to production issues, they can miss a container and maybe even a boat : delaying the shipping from what can be a very long time.
True, but I think if production was a few days late, that would only explain it getting bumped back once. They didn't change the release from September to December, they changed it to October, then to November, then to December...

That being said, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I'm just eager to receive my copy of Churchill (which is being held up by my LoD preorder). laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Spaniel
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I had asked about it at GMT West, it sounded like December was the likely release date. The components and map were gorgeous. I'm pretty anxious to get it to0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nim Chimpsky
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I got my wish. LoD now bumped back to January (as per latest GMT newsletter).

Now I need to start building another order around it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand how a game with over 1400 preorders isn't getting the highest priority after their horribly run Kickstarter...

I guess I just need to take solace in the above mentioned wisdom: Welcome to GMT.

SERENITY NOW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Thanks for the interest! LoD has the priority, it is just bumping into hard realities within the production queue. Gene provided a volume of detail on those realities in his monthly update note yesterday: http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=330.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Hello! Thanks for the interest! LoD has the priority, it is just bumping into hard realities within the production queue. Gene provided a volume of detail on those realities in his monthly update note yesterday: http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=330.
Yeah...

I'm just super excited and it's frustrating that virtually every update GMT puts out pushes back all of my P500 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm there. I had envisioned myself playing on a production LoD set over my holiday break. Oh well, not too much longer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
So, uh, early, mid, or late January? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
So, uh, early, mid, or late January? ninja
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boot Straps
United States
flag msg tools
"The druid said the damned thing was friendly... HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW!!!”
badge
Don't poke the Owlbear...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure that it will be worth the wait. The time & effort that these guys put into the game to get it right (especially on the first run) are worth the extra wait. I am also on the pre-order list and, although I am dying to play, I would rather have it late and right than get it early with 25 pages of errata attached. The bot systems for solo play seem to be what slows the release, or at least it is on Falling Sky (also on pre-order ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not the bots in the LoD case, or at least not the bots alone

Final proofreading for LoD turned up a bunch of previously uncaught errors and poorly-explained bits - including some in the bot tutorials, true - that needed fixing, which delayed printing by over a month as we had to make sure that the fixes didn't add any new errors soblue That is to say, it delayed our (the design team's) delivery of the files for printing by over a month; the actual printing was probably delayed even more due to missed printing slots.

Anyway. That delay pushed LoD into a collision with the GMT Autumn Sale, which this year pulled in some 4000 more orders (for already-published games) than expected... and by the time they had shipped all those unexpected orders, it was close to the Christmas holidays; and Gene being Gene, he insisted that the GMT Warehouse ladies actually take time off during the holidays instead of packing and shipping our games ASAP. Which added another couple of weeks to the delay, pushing us into January.

TL;DR: If it hadn't been for you guys placing so many orders for other GMT games during the Autumn Sale, LoD would've shipped before Christmas!

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Carter
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:

TL;DR: If it hadn't been for you guys placing so many orders for other GMT games during the Autumn Sale, LoD would've shipped before Christmas!

/Oerjan
Oh no! I thought we were trying to clear out the warehouse to make more room for news games. I'll be sure to order less next year!
devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT update says shipping next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Miller
United States
Granger
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Email I got today says they will be charging p500 orders beginning Jan 7. Woot woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls