The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I would very much like to have buttons available when editing my Hot 10 list that would permit me to reorder them without retyping all the numbers. I'd recommend an interface with a "Bump Up" button and a "Bump Down" button next to each entry on the edit page. This would exchange the game with the game above or below it as appropriate. Simple enough in JS and would alleviate the need to write down the game numbers for the switch.

Useful for Personal Top 10, REALLY useful for Hot 10.

Sag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been asked for numerous times (from me at least twice I think) but it must be a pretty low priority.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
It would be useful for geeklists too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:
I would very much like to have buttons available when editing my Hot 10 list that would permit me to reorder them without retyping all the numbers. I'd recommend an interface with a "Bump Up" button and a "Bump Down" button next to each entry on the edit page.

Drag-and-drop would be better: http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/page/print/Sortabl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
I added move up/down. I'll see about that dragondrop. Looks cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pɹɐɥɔᴉɹ
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Careful. There is a minefield around here.
badge
BANG!! Don't step on the mines!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
This makes the Hot 10 much more usable. Expect people to start changing their rankings more often...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A Hike!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

I've had great success using this guy's drag and drop javascript stuff.

http://www.walterzorn.com/dragdrop/dragdrop_e.htm

Here is an example of it in use in my implementation of Ingenious:

http://www.marquand.net/staticpages/index.php?page=ingenious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    Dude! That is PERFECT! I was just coming onto the site to volunteer to write up the js for you, but you've already got it working like a dream!

I'd tip you geek gold, but given your current debt level . . .

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kalgreen
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie, any chance we could get the option of renaming the two lists?

For example rather then 'personal top 10' and 'hot ten' it would be nice to be able to use those two lists instead for something like 'top 10 Euros' and 'Top 10 Wargames' or 'Top 10 when playing with my Wife' and 'Top 10 when playing with the Guys' or 'Top 10 Beer and Pretzel Games' vs 'Top 10 serious games'

I'd certainly like that =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jezztek wrote:
Aldie, any chance we could get the option of renaming the two lists?

For example rather then 'personal top 10' and 'hot ten' it would be nice to be able to use those two lists instead for something like 'top 10 Euros' and 'Top 10 Wargames' or 'Top 10 when playing with my Wife' and 'Top 10 when playing with the Guys' or 'Top 10 Beer and Pretzel Games' vs 'Top 10 serious games'

I'd certainly like that =)

I think the lists are used for analysis, so letting them be used for different purposes would toss a bit of a wrench in it. There could be a "personal list" that each user could name whatever they want though . . . "

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
This change is terrific! This really makes the lists more usable. Thank you!

I love the idea of a Customizable List, but it doesn't interest me as much now that the front page of the profile is so limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow -- that's great! Sheesh, if you blink you might miss some cool enhancements here on BGG. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Alvaro
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clloyd09 wrote:
Wow -- that's great! Sheesh, if you blink you might miss some cool enhancements here on BGG. Thanks!

Yeah, no kidding. A seemingly minor improvement, but it should assist quite a bit in keeping these up to date. I would have appreciated an announcement. I just discovered them today. So I made my own announcement in the "How to BGG section".

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/147844

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.