Popular Tags: [View All]
spamman5r
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was linked from the Doomtown: Reloaded Facebook group and wanted to find out what 7th Sea was all about. Looks like nobody has posted this, yet:

http://www.alderac.com/blog/2015/11/03/a-return-to-7th-sea/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my, yes. ANYTHING news with 7th sea is so welcome, so long as it's not the abomination that was "Swashbuckling Adventures".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is AEG just going continue to sell off all its old properties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
better than hoarding them like a crazy cat lady.

In this case it seems like AEG is still going to publish 7th sea stuff, but rather than be the licensor, they will be the licensee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to see movement in the property, though a quick review of JWP's output doesn't fill me with hope for new cards. Maybe a new RPG at best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
Microbadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Legion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan - Join the Resistance!Microbadge: Card playerMicrobadge: Twitter user
Dave41fan wrote:
I'm glad to see movement in the property, though a quick review of JWP's output doesn't fill me with hope for new cards. Maybe a new RPG at best?
I had the same thought.

Though I guess, a new RPG would breed new interest in the property and could *lead* to a reboot of the card game eventually.

Couldn't hurt anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Loving you is like loving the dead
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave41fan wrote:
Maybe a new RPG at best?
An RPG would be best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave41fan wrote:
That's what I've thought as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just to clarify here -- from my understanding it ONLY has to do with the RPG, which I also understand Wick has wanted for years. Since AEG doesn't really make RPGs anymore, this makes a lot of sense.

What I do bet (no inside info) though is everyone'll be watching the success of the RPG property to see how well it does for other products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Being unfamiliar with 7th Sea, I saw the headlines and thought. "What on earth does a pirate game have to do with the Keanu Reeves movie?" I clicked this link to find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otomo jon wrote:
Just to clarify here -- from my understanding it ONLY has to do with the RPG, which I also understand Wick has wanted for years. Since AEG doesn't really make RPGs anymore, this makes a lot of sense.

What I do bet (no inside info) though is everyone'll be watching the success of the RPG property to see how well it does for other products.
Based on recent developments with L5R, AEG doesn't seem very interested in card games other than Doomtown. I'm guessing that the 7th Sea RPG will have to hit it VERY big in order to spawn anything other than reskins of existing AEG games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Longley
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, the CCG seems far away at this point, but you never know. For those who are interested in new cards there is a fanset in the works here: http://www.7thsea.info/#!Fanset-Westernly-Winds-Draft-Releas...

Best,
Stu
http://7thSea.info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave41fan wrote:

Based on recent developments with L5R, AEG doesn't seem very interested in card games other than Doomtown.
*cough*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trains and Romance of the Nine Empires?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified: AEG seems to have (little to) no interest in collectible/customizable/living/expandable/build-your-personal-deck(s)-beforehand card games other than Doomtown. The R9E expansion notwithstanding, the other (this type of) card games are losing the company's attention.

Also, if that was a hint about Smash Up: 7th Sea, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. But I am waiting for Epic Adventure still!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennedy Gerber
United States
West Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, this just concerns the RPG. The release made a point to note that AEG retained certain other rights for the time being (IE presumably the card game as I don't know to what else they'd be referring):

Quote:
AEG will still retain rights to publish a number of products within that line over the next few years and we are negotiating and planning what that will be but have no announcements at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They could also be referring to boardgames. AEG does a lot of retheming of small board games like Love Letter to different settings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They did a retheme in the last black box for one of their games, to a non-7th sea pirate theme. I don't remember which or what tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
Loving you is like loving the dead
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
They could also be referring to boardgames. AEG does a lot of retheming of small board games like Love Letter to different settings.
I've been waiting for years for a 7th Sea board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Woerner
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
John Wick Presents will be publishing a new RPG in 2016 and there is talk of other games as well (card, board, etc.) using the 7th Sea IP also published by JWP's.

I am working on the RPG and that's all I can say for certain now.

Ben Woerner
WunderWerks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Woerner
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher