Subject: Clarification on what can be eliminated via conspiracy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After creating a conspiracy, the rules read "eliminate any one other card or one alliance from the table whose value equals the total value of all the cards in your conspiracy."

My question is, if you opt to eliminate ONE card, must this card be on its own, or can it be part of an alliance?
I'm assuming the latter as that makes more sense to me as far as I understand the rules, but I just wanted to be sure (hoping to finally get this game played tonight!)

Thanks meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking more about it, eliminations of cards in alliances must be allowed, or else you would be able to create an unstoppable mega alliance once you got a Duke card in there.

(I didn't get it played, btw. One day... one day.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you choose to eliminate a single card, that card is by itself. Never do you eliminate a single card from an already existing stack. You either eliminate a one-card stack or a multi-card stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmiller1020 wrote:
If you choose to eliminate a single card, that card is by itself. Never do you eliminate a single card from an already existing stack. You either eliminate a one-card stack or a multi-card stack.
Thanks! Hmm, I suppose the jesters could prevent the mega-alliances I mentioned above... I guess that's why the instructions say to remove the dukes during first plays too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Miller
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it is the Minister (0 card) that wipes out mega-alliances. Placing a Minister on top of a 2+ card alliance (it must be at least two cards - it can't be a single card), sends the entire stack to the discard pile. Only the Minister then remains where the Alliance once stood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh, if I actually PLAYED the game this would have all been obvious--reading the rules only gets me so far! laugh
Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls