United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out My Games!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Overlord plays an 'x extra action(s)' card, can he chose to act with an enemy he has already moved / fought with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure the answer is no with the exception of interrupt used during the players turn I do not think count as activation of a specific model that turn. Based on the Beta rules document.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
Check out My Games!
badge
YouTube/MadLadDesigns
mbmbmbmbmb
Then the cards become useless the less enemies you have on the board. If you get 2 actions, for example, and only have 2 enemies on the board then you can't play any cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nickydude wrote:
Then the cards become useless the less enemies you have on the board. If you get 2 actions, for example, and only have 2 enemies on the board then you can't play any cards.
You can also use your actions to raise piles of bones if they exist then use the cards to move your previously existing models. Otherwise you are correct. As you can only use one per turn outside of interrupts you should not horde you cards. You do not want to exposure your minions to needless danger since the cards are great for swarming heroes but you need models alive to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
As you can only use one [card] per turn outside of interrupts you should not hoard your cards.
This was something I did not get in the BoW videos. Rich had many turns where he did not play an Overlord card. As far as I'm concerned, if you are playing a cutthroat Overlord, then you want to play a card EVERY turn, unless all you've got is a mitt full of interrupts. Raise as many bone piles as you can! Get as many monsters out on the board as possible and make those heroes WORK for their loot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
As you can only use one [card] per turn outside of interrupts you should not hoard your cards.
This was something I did not get in the BoW videos. Rich had many turns where he did not play an Overlord card. As far as I'm concerned, if you are playing a cutthroat Overlord, then you want to play a card EVERY turn, unless all you've got is a mitt full of interrupts. Raise as many bone piles as you can! Get as many monsters out on the board as possible and make those heroes WORK for their loot!
You only have so many baddy models so you have to watch raising piles of bones far behind the action as they will never catch up. One or 2 trailing behind so they cannot just leave the soft guys using ranged attacks from the back but have to have some rear guard plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Torres
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my games, the real limit of activations for the Overlord is not imposed by the commands but by the models in play.
It always happens to me that I may have a lot of commands, but not not enough minions on the table.

Same happens with the cards for resurrecting piles of bones. I feel them useless, as I normally commands to issue this order without needing this card.

In my first games I did not realize, but I have noted that it consistenlty happens to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
Especially in videos 1&2 he played very poorly. There were some opportunities to be meaner.
I think he saw those but was being soft on the beginners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls