Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Power Grid» Forums » General

Subject: Power Grid: Stock companies Step 2 and Step 3 Power Plant Market changes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried posting this in the rules forum for the expansion but haven't had received much of a response. I'm trying to figure out if the changes in the power plant market for Step 2 and Step 3 are meant to be in addition to the regular rules of Power Grid or if they replace the regular rules.

Power Grid: The Stock Companies wrote:
3. Update the power plant market: In this phase, in “Step 1“ and “Step 2”, the players place the 2 largest power plants from the market at the bottom of the power plant deck and draw 2 power plants as replacements.
Is this in addition to the 1 largest from the base game (3 total) or instead of the 1 (2 total)? Normally, I'd want to say instead of but...

Power Grid: The Stock Companies wrote:
At the start of “Step 2” and “Step 3” the players remove the 2 smallest power plants from the power plant market and draw 2 power plants as replacements.
If the above is "instead of" you'd wind up with 7 power plants in the Current Market during step 3.

So, at the start of Step 2 do you remove the 1 lowest for the normal rules replace and then remove 2 lowest and replace? Or just the 2 lowest?

At the start of Step 3 do you remove the lowest and the Step 3 card and then remove the 2 lowest and replace them? Or do you just remove the 2 lowest and replace them?

Very confusing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: BrightMicrobadge: Parent of big brother and little sisterMicrobadge: Whisky drinkerMicrobadge: BoardGameGeek with green hair
These rules just replace the old rules.
Means:
-Put the two largest under the pile (instead of only one in normal power grid)
- Take out the two smallest power plants when the step changes (instead of only one in normal power grid)

Have Fun

Friedemann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge