Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Here are some samples of my custom Germany expansion I am creating for Warfighter. I have included both some player soldiers and some of the weapons that the German military uses. Hopefully I will be done in a week or two and I will try and get a pdf posted in the file section. I would appreciate any feedback(good or bad) on what people think of the cards in my samples. I am also working on a French Special Forces expansion and also have a Spanish Special Forces expansion planned. I have even thought of doing a few adversary expansions. Maybe an East Asia(North Korea) expansion or an East Africa(Somalia) expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
I reviewed the weapons stats and everything looks good to me with two minor quibbles.

The G3A3 has kill numbers of 7/9 at range 0/1 respectively. This is slightly worse than many assault rifles, including the M-16 family (which is 5.56mm) and the 7.62mm chambered MK14s and MK17s, and the same as the 5.45mm AK-74 family, which is generally not well-regarded for its accuracy.

Unless the G3A3 has a reputation for being more inaccurate than other 7.62mm rifles (I believe it has the opposite reputation, actually), I would change it to be 7/8.

The MP5A3 is identical in every way to the MP5 card already included in the base set. It has a collapsing stock, which should make it somewhat easier to carry than the MP5. Perhaps a loadout cost of 1? That said, the MP5K, which is definitely smaller than the MP5A3 has a load-out cost of 1, so perhaps you didn't want to go down that route.

So, that doesn't need to be changed - just thought I'd mention it.

I don't have any experience in trying to design Warfighter soldiers yet, so I can't comment on the RP costs for the soldiers. How did you figure them out, or did you just estimate them based on similar soldiers already in the set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it very much and will take your comments into consideration. Coming up with stats is harder than it looks, lol. As for the player soldiers, I think I figured out the formula that DVG uses. The formula checks out with almost all of the player soldiers in all expansions. I think there a few oddball player soldiers that it does not work out exactly. I can send you the formula and info if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Schulhof, Reichen and Losch are Names that could be german - but they sound somewhat weird for german ears... (Especially "Schulhof" which translates into "Schoolyard").

And it might be useful to have a second look at the german flag... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Micha wrote:

And it might be useful to have a second look at the german flag... cool

Oppssss....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Good catch on the flag. I will make the change right away. As for the names, all I did was use a German last name generator I found on the internet. Can you suggest some more authentic German names? If you can, I will switch the names you mentioned. Thanks for the input on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
German flag has been fixed. Don't know how I totally got the flag wrong. Thanks again for the correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Gaertner
Germany
Steinhoering
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Names

Schumann
Mueller
Mayer
Schuster
Wagner
Hofer
Hellweg
Sturm
Probst
Schmidt

Your cards are Great Stuff btw.

Cheers

Dirk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Thanks for the name suggestions. I will try and change some of the ones that were mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
Changed the soldier names Schulhof, Reichen and Losch to different names as was suggested. Schulhof is now Schumann, Reichen is now Sturm and Losch is now Mueller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chartier Nicolas
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

Thanks to this fan made expansion.
Can you provide this in pdf ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rey Narvaez
msg tools
I will be finishing a few more cards and then I will submit it in PDF form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Wilson
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still planning on submitting the cards in PDF? Would love to get that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.