Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's never fun to pay a lot for individual characters, but eBay seller TACKYT65 is selling the 3D cards for good rates. They have a 100% rating. The full sets for Howard the Duck and Man-Thing are both around $20 with shipping included. The Spider-Slayer and Circus of Crime Henchmen are being sold for $1.25/card. $2.25 for shipping for a 10 card set of each. They have the bystanders too, but those look to be a bit more pricey ($3-5/card). Still, compared to what a lot of people are selling them for, this is about as good of a deal as you're going to find at the moment.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

At the moment, it seems they still have a lot of sets available. I have no idea how long that will last.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I told the seller that I advertised their stuff here on the forums. As a gesture of goodwill, they refunded my shipping costs. It definitely seems like this seller actually care about their customers as much as they care about making a profit. I highly recommend them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a playset of both henchmen groups, a Stan Lee bystander, and Howard and Man-Thing. His prices have gone up a little a bit but I can vouch for the validity. Cards came in nicely, some had some minor dings from being in a booster pack but I am pleased I have them in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh cool. So you ordered from this guy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$17 for 14 cards. That's still a REALLY hard sell for me.

No thanks...

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't blame you. Unfortunately, that is about the best price out there. Supply and demand pricing is what eBay sellers take advantage of. At least this seller is slightly more down to Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:
$17 for 14 cards. That's still a REALLY hard sell for me.

No thanks...

-rudy
This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Too bad I just paid a very unreasonable price a week ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UD makes no money off ebay sales. I don't understand. People want these cards. If UD sells them, in a non-ridiculous manner, people will buy them.

*sigh*

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:
UD makes no money off ebay sales. I don't understand. People want these cards. If UD sells them, in a non-ridiculous manner, people will buy them.

*sigh*

-rudy
Agreed, but for the time being, there don't seem to be any plans for that in the works. While Brenzor has said there may be in the future, this is what we have right now. It does suck.

That said, I am a completioninst, and I'd be lying if I said I was not coveting these cards. I have always wanted them. I wish they were more readily available. In the end, I just didn't have the patience to wait for a more widespread release by UD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:

*sigh*

-rudy
UD makes money off people buying 3D packs/boxes trying to put together complete sets of the Legendary cards. They're effectively cross-marketing to the TC crowd looking for chase cards and the gaming crowd looking for Legendary cards. It's entirely possible that they will print these as a set later, either for retail or as promos, but until the 3D card pack stock is sold out it would be competing with themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Microbadge: I love red pandasMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Parks and Recreation fanMicrobadge: Marvel Comics fanMicrobadge: "Seize the fat one!"
thegreatrudini wrote:

*sigh*

-rudy
They sold WAY more boxes of Marvel 3D than they ever would have sold if they didn't have Legendary cards in them. I ended up buying 12 boxes of the stuff, whereas I would have bought 0 if it was just a trading card set.

And you might be thinking "this idiot spent 1200 dollars on Legendary cards?" but in reality I am currently sitting at -$90 after selling off most of the trading cards and extra Legendary stuff. So I've made at least a 90 dollar profit, and have full sets of all the Legendary cards plus a bunch of sweet (and a few hideous) sketch cards. I didn't keep any of the Bystanders except one Stan Lee. They were going for 15 dollars each, and that was too much money to turn down for cards that don't change the game much at all, are not even good ("draw a card, sometimes!") and will eventually be made available in another fashion.

Upper Deck sells collectibles. They released the cards this way for the same reason they don't just sell their high-end baseball cards (jersey pieces, autographs, etc) on their website. I understand that Legendary was not sold as a collectible card game, and that MANY of you were upset that it became semi-collectible with the release of these cards. Ultimately, this release worked out well for me, and anyone willing to do some wheeling and dealing on eBay (although with prices as low as they are now, it's next to impossible to turn a profit anymore, and as much as it may rustle your jimmies, that's how commerce works.)

I think Upper Deck has gotten the message that people were not happy with this game becoming "collectible" but they got a much louder message that people were willing to pay for these cards and buy an otherwise-undesirable set of trading cards.

My hope for the future is that they release "vanity" cards (alternate art, sketches, etc) through the 3D model, but keep original cards out of it. I think that's the best way to satisfy the budget gamers, and the people who want to trick out their set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're spot on. There's actually some cool stuff in the 3D packs. Lots of autographed materials, rare art, etc. It just sucks from a game standpoint that there are exclusive cards in them. Hopefully, at least from a gaming standpoint, this was just an experiment. I like your idea about using 3D just for alternate art and collectible material in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a list somewhere of what cards were included in the 3D sets?

I'm curious to know exactly what I missed out on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do a forum search. There's many threads here about them.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1350531/full-list-annoying-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua C
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, I'm just printing off the promo cards via CowCow. If I could pay for them normally I'd be fine, but I'm not going to support the booster model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a completionist big time and I was super irritated when I saw the exclusive cards pop up. About June I ordered from the aforementioned seller and while they were quite pricey all things considered I'm pretty happy to have the legit cards but that's just my preference. Additionally picking up the cards was a little easier earlier this year with more abundant auctions and cheaper too. Both exclusive hero sets, Stan Lee, and both Henchmen groups for about $60. Still pricey and it has only gone up but I don't regret the decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BuddhaRock wrote:
thegreatrudini wrote:

*sigh*

-rudy
Agreed, but for the time being, there don't seem to be any plans for that in the works. While Brenzor has said there may be in the future, this is what we have right now. It does suck.
He has said they are coming for sure:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/18861264#18861264

Brenzor wrote:
The Legendary content will be available to all at some point although I am not prepared to say when at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Microbadge: I love red pandasMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering playerMicrobadge: Parks and Recreation fanMicrobadge: Marvel Comics fanMicrobadge: "Seize the fat one!"
Liono58 wrote:
Still pricey and it has only gone up
Thanks for pointing this out. Sets of the new guys are going for 40 bucks each. Boxes of 3D are going for 80. So lets say you sell:

new hero set: 40
alt art hero set: 15
henchman set: 15
stan lee: 3
rare bystander: 10

You're already turning a profit off the box and that's without selling any of the trading cards. Plus, free sketch card! And if you're willing to sell the sketch (10-30), more's the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:

He has said they are coming for sure:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/18861264#18861264

Brenzor wrote:
The Legendary content will be available to all at some point although I am not prepared to say when at this time.
I'm aware of that post, but it's so far on the back burner for them right now that I doubt it will be anytime soon, hence why I said it "may be" in the future. I'm not questioning Brenzor, I just know it's not a priority for them right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
Pssst...DACardworld accepted my offer of $75 per box on eBay. They might go lower, if anyone were inclined to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hendrickson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clembo2021 wrote:
To be honest, I'm just printing off the promo cards via CowCow. If I could pay for them normally I'd be fine, but I'm not going to support the booster model.
By any chance, were you able to find high-res scans of the cards? I considered going that route, but for all my efforts, I just could not find good enough images to use. And I'm not sure I want to risk trying to use a lower quality image and having it look like crap compared to the rest of my Legendary cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't find them on here and unless people want to get banned, they won't provide links. Sorry man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jones
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Here's a set of hulk, Man - Thing, the two henchmen, and venom promos all for under $40 USD. The bid is in Canadian dollars so it's confusing. Ends today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls